part 42

The prince had gone to check for Tommy after mid day meals, to find he was not in his room. That was strange. He had ordered the boy to stay in there and rest, and he never went against a direct order... He knew better so why was Tommy not there?

As he looked around, thinking he was hiding from him, a game he often played, Wilbur noticed the painting on the wall had changed. There was noe a young brunette next to the blondes, with brown eyes and blue royal clothing. He recognised the work as Tommy's and the new addition as him.

He smiled to it happily before going back to looking around. The only hint he saw was a Black crows feather on the floor by the bed. His eyes lit up and he darted out of the room. "Father?!" He called immediately for his father, knowing what the feather meant.

Phil had taken tommy to a room, of the forbidden side.. Like he had Technoblade a while back. Tommy's eyes darted to everything wondering.. Was he safe here? What was the emperor doing..

"Relax I am not here to hurt you" The man said softly, which eased the troubled boy as he stopped by a grand door of green blue and purple embedded into its oak grains. He slowly pushed it open and walked in.

Tommy had begun to notice not a single guard was stationed here. This place wasn't to be seen by servants so why was tommy here?!

"this room, you know it yes?" He asked the boy letting go as he went to light a lantern so they could see better in the dimly lit room.

Tommy nodded immediately and began to look around. "Its the forbidden rooms sire, Why am I here may I ask? You very well said yourself 'No servants in the forbidden sections' or we will be punished"

Phil nodded, he had said that. Every servant was told the day they are hired or within the first month not to go here. Or even dare try or be punished for breaking the rules. "Yes but your not a common servant are you?"

This grew more confusion within the boy as he stepped back. "I am not sure whay this means.. Are you saying I am not? Pardon my curiosity sire.. I truly mean no offense here.. But am I not a servant? Under Master Wilbur's orders and to be treated as such! It would be such an unfair game if I was treated otherwise for simply doing my job"

He thought this was due to saving Wilbur.. And trying to bring a Witherian Rose, which he succeeded in, back for the king. But that should not change the way he should be treated.. It was just his job he was paid to do.

But the emperor laughed at it. Not cruel or discouraged but soft and kind. "of course its not for those Young Theseus.. Its never been for such things" he states softly as he walked to a picture and held the light to it.

The woman in it was surrounded by ravens and crows in a lovely garden with Witherian roses in her hair smiling. She wore a simple purple dress, of satin but with no lace or embroidery like one would think for such a fine fabric. Her hair was long and black. Her eyes hazel such as Wilbur's.. Such as Tommy's mother.

"Aunt Kristin?" He asked confused as he looked to the painting. He knew the lady in it, his mother had a picture once of this same lady, this same fair and gentle woman.. Though it was not this same setting. His eyes sparkled as he looked to her.

The emperor sighed. "I knew it.. You look to much like your mother" he said as he looked at the boy mesmerized by how he had this photo. "She went by another name.. Wish to know it?"

Tommy looked at him curiously. And nodded. "If I may your majesty.. Why is she here? How does one of the palace own this painting of my aunt?"

The man smiled and let his eyes softly fall to the woman in purple. "that dear Theseus.. Was my wife" Tommys aunt happened to be the Empress.. The same one Phil married all those years ago. "Your aunt worked here as I grew up to help support a family from the outskirts.. A sister. I only met your mother once when the Empress was Crowned such titles."

Sarah had only come to the palace once to see her sisters wedding and to be crowned before she went back to live her much more simple life. Although offered a home there of luxury and safety she stayed away.. To marry the Son of the village leader.. "Your father, I never got to meet.. But I have heard wonderful tales"

Tommys eyes lit up brightly. He never knew this, his Aunt was the empress.. "Wait that means.. Me and Master Wilbur are-" he was to continue before the Emperor cut him off. "Cousins. Yes my dear boy"

Tommy always thought when his mother died he was alone. She had no-one but his Aunt, who he never met.. As family being an orphan like him. His father was an only born. "I can't believe this" he knew the emperor would not dare lie about such things but to know he had relations to this place... Was hard to admit.

The Emperor sat the boy down on the floor to calm down seeing him trying to process it all. "Now Theseus.. I give you the same offer I gave your mother.. Stay as a servant? Or tell my son the truth?"

Tommy looked at him still finding words hard to say as he looked down to the floor. This was hard to think of. Hard to choose. Hard to accept.

The Emperor smiled and nodded. "You can choose any time then Theseus" he said as he turned to leave. He would give the bot the choice.. Accept a family or stay an orphan. He wouldn't make the boy change his life all due to his wife being sisters with his mother.

He sat watching as the emperor left. This decision.. He couldn't make it. He wouldn't make it. As he sat processing what to do.. It came, he had to make it now or never as he stood a few hours later and walked out of the forbidden rooms.. Hands in his pockets facing down