part 10

Tubbo smiled. He, like Wilbur, didnt like seeing other mistreated. Even if he knew the reason behind it. He listened very well to the prince as he spoke, and then seemed to dismiss the general from his side. Never in a hundred years did he think he'd have an opportunity to speak to the prince like this.

Most times he visited the castle he stayed away from him, out of shyness. But actually speaking to him now, he was a bit happy he finally got to speak to him. And very honoured too. Though, he seemed surprised on how Tommy came to live at the castle.

"You snuck into the royal gardens?!" He asked, a bit loud turning to the blonde, who just sheepishly nodded. "I knew you were adventurous and always get into trouble.. But seriously?"

Tommy frowned and made a few hand signals. It was obvious that he didn't know it was the palace gardens till he saw people there. Tubbo then seemed alright with it, seeing it wasn't intentional. "Well, its better than what we used to do anyways" he joked as tommy smiled. The two had made so much trouble back at his old home, before Tubbo left for school.

Wilbur laughed in amusement at the two. He was glad to see Tommy had made an actual friend at that place, especially since said friend was the Lord’s son. He smiled, “he did, indeed. And that’s how he came to work at the castle and all.” He explained, noting to try and learn sign language soon.

The notepad worked effectively for now, but it would surely be nicer to put the time and effort into learning what Tommy would be more comfortable in. Especially since the boy was going to stay at the castle; unless Shlatt miraculously started treating him with the kindness he deserved anyways.

The prince snickered. “What? Were you two little menaces back in the day?“ he asked curiously, a bit amused by the thought of Tommy being more chaotic and rambunctious. It also made his heart ache a bit at the fact he was so… so different now…

Tubbo looked to Tommy, "did you?" He asked, and just by the simple two words spoken, tommy shook his head no. "Can i?" A simple nod saying yes was given as the brunette smiled. "More than that your Highness.. We were total destruction" the boy laughed.

He began to tell of all the mischief the two. How they'd sneak tommy our of work to play in the trees or river nearby. Some adventures they went on included sneaking into the villages to find new things. Which Shlatt didn't like at all. He didn't like when Tubbo wasn't under protection.

"I still think the reason father hates you is because of the accident when we were eight" Tubbo said.

Hearing it brought up, tommy flinched. As if he regretted whatever happened that day. He moved his hands in a pattern of repeat. As if he was repeating the same thing. "I know it was an accident. You don't need to apologize. Its been years, I don't care anymore" the young lord said to comfort his friend.

Wilbur laughed brightly at the retelling. “Were you now? I was the same when I was young. How the maids and butlers ever stood me in my younger years I will never know.” He snickered, exchanging a couple stories of his own.

How his eight year old self once stole an entire cake, or how he would hide in random places purely to freak out the staff or his father. It was nice to exchange stories like this, to find out stories about one another.

He paused at Tubbo’s words, furrowing his brows. He wasn’t sure why remembering freaked Tommy out so much, nor did he fully want to know… He felt almost as if he was intruding now, some worry creeping into his gut. He hadn’t heard about a big incident years back at the Shlatt residence.

He tried not to push for any answers, but he was curious now, and wanted to help them if possibly. “If you both don’t mind me asking: you don’t have to answer, I fully understand if you would prefer not to. But, what happened…?” He asked carefully, tilting his head warily.

Tommy walked forward and pulled the fountain pen and paper Wilbur gave him before out. He wrote on it, and handed it over. 'Almost killed him' was written small on the page as Tommy closed the book once he knew he had read it.  Tubbo knew now he was allowed to tell the story. The full thing. No-one ever shad been told it, because it was only seen one sided. And it was always his side that was seen, never Tommy's.

The story went like this, two boys,  around eight years of age were playing in the field. They had snuck tommy away from work to go mess around and train with the few things Tubbo had access to.  They always did this, at least once A week. But this time was different. While Tubbo preferred practice with swords and bows, Tommy liked daggers and knives. Easy to hide and surprise attack someone. Of course the were watched in secret by someone, as Shlatt always knew when the two snuck away to the fields. Tubbo wasn't watching where he ran, and had gotten hit by one of the daggers Tommy threw at a tree. He had been hurt really bad, and it took over a month for him to fully heal of the wound to his side. Tommy had been blamed for purposely hitting the lords son, and since then. Shlatt never treated Tommy the same. A few years after that, Tubbo left for school.

"They never heard my side, Father always was over protective of me, as I'm his only child" Tubbo said after he finished their story. Tommy didn't move, but only looked to the ground. "That's why we were scared you'd tell him we were using practice gear again.. Tommy was forbidden to touch any weapon near me"