part 11

Wilbur’s brows shot up in surprise. He had nearly killed the young lord? It was obvious it had been an accident, Tommy wasn’t that kind of kid. He was about to question when Tubbo beat him to it. It was surprising, in all honesty. But, it was understandable. It made him realize why Tommy may have been treated so bad. It was horrible, but he could see some of Shlatt’s  side now unfortunately.

Wilbur nodded slowly, “I’m sorry to hear that… it does explain why Shlatt seemingly treated Tommy so poorly.“ he sighed, shaking his head. “Just be careful with the swords and it’ll be fine. I won’t tell lord Shlatt.”

Tommy knew the reasons he was mistreated. And being a kid, he didn't realize how bad the accident could of been, or the worry of Tubbo's father. But now he was a bit more understanding of the other side.

Still, he was only eight. And he didn't like being told he made A mistake he could never repay. He would of told Wilbur himself, on the paper with the pen and ink, should he not of still been afraid of being sent away. He liked the castle, and loved Wilbur. He found great joy and safety here.

Knowing he was allowed to use the swords, he looked over to Tubbo. He didn't truly like them much. But he would maybe use the bows, when Tubbo leaves. Tommy wouldn't like history to repeat, because it may not end well for him that way. Tubbo had a face of excitement, knowing there wasn't A true restriction now. Just a minor one, the one of safety which he'd never break. "Thank you Sire" he said as he bowed, in thanks. Tommy did the same.

Shlatt himself already knew Tommy and Tubbo were going to be in the training yards, from the moment they left the Royal halls. So, he just watched from afar. To make sure his son was alright. He wasn't A bad guy, just over protective and stubborn.

Wilbur smiled at the fact the boys were relaxing. He found himself also enjoying Tommy’s company, and hated when the boy was upset or worrying. He knew at this point the prince would never send him away if he could help it.

Tommy was a good kid, and he enjoyed being around him. He was hard working and helped everyone else out as well. He would prefer someone watch over them when training, but that was mostly just a precaution used with anyone who was either inexperienced as or to young to be a soldier in the royal army. He was watching them now, and he had sparred with techno himself when he was younger, he knew the proper stance and how to safely spar with real blades.

The prince waved the young lord off. “No need to thank me, young lord. I wouldn’t do anything that would get Tommy in trouble if he didn’t deserve it. And, besides, you should be perfectly safe with me looking over you.” He smiled, standing by the weapons rack to watch over them and make sure they were safe.

The two boys, with permission resumed what they had been doing before Wilbur and the general had came. One, with a small sword and the other with a simple dagger. Neither blade was sharp enough to harm. Which could be seen as a great thing as they weren't very careful about it. Eventually, the sun began to set and a maid came up to Tommy. "mind helping in the kitchen?" She asked, after he noticed her standing by awaiting a moment of silence to come from the metal against metal noise that rang in the training yard.

Tommy nodded and ran to put the dagger away. A lot of the maids and butlers in the kitchen had been helping elsewhere and they were a bit down on help there. Hence the reason they sent for Tommy to come, hoping he'd agree. With a slight wave, Tommy left Tubbo and Wilbur on the grass as he ran inside.

Sure, he was Wilbur's personal aid, but he couldn't say no to an opportunity to help others. Tubbo waved back, and watched the blonde disappear into the castle again.

"Does he always help others here? Even though he works for you?" He asked The prince a bit curious. He didn't mean to intrude on personal lives, but he wanted to know how his friend was still. It was hard for him to see Tommy so calm and hard working. He'd been so different as a child.

Wilbur smiled as he watched them, calling out a couple small notes on their stances here and there to make sure they didn’t hurt themselves. Or just to tease and cheer one of them on. It was the most relaxing time he has had in forever, able to just sit back and watch over the two. he paused as Tommy was dragged away, waving with a smile and walking back over towards Tubbo.

The prince glanced towards the young lord at the question, before he hummed and looked to where Tommy disappeared to. “He does. Whenever someone needs help, he always steps up. Even if he’s not asked.” He smiled sadly. “He’s a really selfless and helpful kid.” He complimented, before glancing towards Tubbo. “He sounded more spirited before, though… more open.” He glanced back towards the wall. “It saddens me that he may have been forced out of that.” He mumbled.

Tubbo nodded in agreement. "he is much quieter than when I left. He used to be so loud and funny" he recalled how much Tommy would talk. But that hadn't been for years. "Ill be honest, when I saw him in the royal halls I thought he'd yell my name" the smaller brunette set his sword aside, and sat on the grass. Messing with the green blades and dandelions around him. "Shocked me how silent he grew in the years apart"