part 12

Tommy helped around the kitchen and dining area for a few hours before they no longer needed his help. Of course, like many knew, he tried to find someway to help. But after a bit, he gave up and returned outside to his proper post. Next to Wilbur's side. He tapped softly on the older mans shirt and pointed inside. Dinner was ready, and he was asking if he'd like to go in and eat.

He also signed something to Tubbo. Asking that he go in to, by request of his father.
Shlatt had passed tommy in the halls and corridors on his way out and asked that he retrieved Tubbo for dinner. "I'm on my way then.. Thanks Tommy" he said with a bright smile.

Wilbur nods, frowning. The fact Tommy was now mute was concerning if he was that loud and spirited back then. He couldn’t help but wonder what could have happened… was there another accident? Was it by choice because of his mistreatment? It could truly be anything. He sighed.

“I’d assume so.. he’s mute now, either by choice or because of something that happened while you were away. I’m not entirely sure.” He confessed, glancing towards Tubbo. “He hasn’t said a word since I took him in. Though, I’m sure you already gauged that fact. It’s concerning, if you ask me. How much truly changed since your time apart.” He continued, looking down.

He glanced over as Tommy came back, smiling gently at the boy. He nods. “Thank you, Tommy.” He thanked, making his way to the dining hall. He would be expected to be there, after all. Especially if guests such as lord Shlatt would be participating.

Tommy followed to the dining hall, trailing behind the prince so loyally. A smile across his face happily. Occasionally Tubbo would look back to the pair and see what Wilbur meant. How was this the same tommy he left? The one who never could keep quiet and still. Now so perfectly silent and footsteps so light against the ground.

Something truly must of happened. There was no reason for him to be like this. It had only been five or six years. And he visited during the times of summer, when there wasn't school. Tommy must of changed within the past two years, when he couldn't find time from studies to come home.

Shlatt had already been in the dining halls, when he saw Wilbur and Tubbo walk in, followed by the young silent blonde. He stood and gave a bow of respect to Wilbur before sitting back down. He didn't look to Tommy. But to his son, as to make sure he was fine.

"I heard you were sparring this afternoon" he said, showing he knew, whether from gossip of the castle or seeing it himself, he knew. Tubbo nodded and sat beside his father at the table. "I asked, and the prince said it was alright father. Don't worry" that made Shlatt turn his head to Wilbur. "really now? I thought that wasn't allowed. Did the rules change?" He asked in a curious tone.

Wilbur walked with poise and grace through the halls, making his way to the dining hall. He was a bit concerned for the blonde now, even if he didn’t outwardly show it too much. His treatment must have been a lot worse than he feared if it caused the boy to go mute. He would let Tommy open up about it on his own time, though. He didn’t want to force a full story and risk chasing him away. Besides, he seemed happy now. Happy enough, anyways. He just needed to protect him from Shlatt.

Wilbur walked through the hall, sitting down at his usual seat. He glanced towards Shlatt, humming. He nodded at Tubbo’s explanation. “I was overseeing them, so it was perfectly safe.” He explained, leaving out the bit where they had trained for who knows how long before he arrived. Nothing had happened, so there was no need.

He paused, glancing towards Shlatt. “Are you questioning me, lord Shlatt?” The prince asked coldly, a brow lifting. “That rule is put in place in order to protect those who are inexperienced with the blade. Training is prohibited unless you are of the guard, overseen by a high ranking member of the guard, or otherwise authorized, in order to avoid injury.“ he continued, “And I believe I would fall under the latter category. Your son was in safe hands, lord Shlatt.”

Shlatt raised his hands slightly in defense as he shook his head. In no way had he meant it to come out rude, but it was of curiosity. The older man simply smiled as he looked to Tubbo. "I was just wondering if he broke the rules, that's all" Of which his son said no to. "Kids can cause trouble, especially when not watched" he turned his gaze to tommy for just a moment before looking to the plate of food before him. "Shall we start dinner then?" ?

Tommy had noticed the slight gaze he was given by the Lord, his previous master. Even if it wasn't of hatred, it still sent chills down his spine as he stood by the table awaiting a command, an order to follow. Like most servants, tommy ate alone or in his free time. Hence the reason he didn't sit. It was considered rude and offending for someone of such low status to sit at the royal table, with the prince.

Even if he was allowed to, he preferred to stand. Though Shlatt had been right to turn his gaze slightly to Tommy. Without anyone seeing, he had managed to slip a small kitchen knife into his pocket. It wasn't intended for harm, but a project. He was doing something without being caught. And was grateful no-one saw it.

Techno gave Wilbur a glance out of the corner of his eye, making sure he didn't start anything. He personally didn’t understand Wilbur’s bond with the servant. Especially not when the prince started trying so hard to protect the kid. He just hoped the prince wouldn’t star a war.

Wilbur hummed, nodding his head. “Yes, Let’s start eating!” He smiles, clapping his hands. He gently dismissed Tommy to eat as well, knowing it wouldn’t fare well for him to stay around much longer. He didn’t want Shlatt to start interrogating them, especially with his earlier comment and pointed look.  

They all started to eat, the dining hall mostly silent for a long couple of minutes as servants enter and exit with food platters.