part 52

The audience stood, all facing Wilbur as tommy smiled, letting go of his hand and mouthing a simple 'I am right here' to him as he walked to stand by the Emperor.. Philza never looked more prouder. He had been happier, as the day Tommy came back.. And they found the truth he cried tears of joy, but this! This was the most proudest he ever seemed to look.

As they stood there, Wilbur walked to the end of the hall, where a priest stood. Eret, the castle priest, stood there with an orb and Scepter in hand.. As the crowned Prince stood there.. Nervous as his hands shook slightly.

As the Coronation went, Wilbur tried to stay calm.. Tommy giving him a kind and supportive smile the whole time. As he went through with it, a cheer erupted from the room.. As he smiled.. He wasn't sure if he was fully ready for it all but.. He knew it was his time to take the throne.

As the ceremony was done, there was a grand ball held in place to celebrate a new Emperor.. But Wilbur didn't seem to happy.. As tommy noticed he stepped beside him and sighed.. "You okay?" He asked as he restrained himself once more from saying 'your majesty' as he knew he was allowed and asked to do otherwise.

Wilbur gently smiled and looked down to him. "Father asked I find a right hand.. Like Technoblade was his" the general was not only the leader of armies but the old Emperor's right hand.. His advisor.. And as he thought All he could see was one person..

"Tommy I want you to be the Advisor of the kingdom.. You know the Empire more than I do, you've been part of the working class. Part of the villages of the outskirts. You have more knowledge than I could ever wish for in one.. I trust you and I want you to be right by me for every discussion and every decision.."

From the words he heard.. Tommy felt a great pride build. To be asked such an offer.. Sounded so lovely and .. It would give him work again. Tommy wasn't allowed to work much as a prince no-one would let him.. Now as the advisor he could. "Yes! Yes! I would love to! You don't even have to ask" he laughed.. As his brother chuckled softly with his deep voice.

The ball was splendid after, as both brothers spent more time by themselves than with the others.. This ball was to help Wilbur once more find an empress. But he ended up using it to have bonding time with the best boy in the world.

By Tommy's sixteenth birthday he had everything down to a dot of a schedule. His life was perfect. Wake up with the sun, get breakfast from the cooks and then eat with his family before going to studies in the library. At noon he had lunch in the gardens on a warm day, a chilled day he took them in Wilbur's study room with him as they spoke of how to help the nation.

The evening was spent with family once more, but not politics or royal wise.. But playing around, messing with them. He would hide in rooms awaiting his brother to seek him out and scare him or spare for a good while with the general.. Even Technoblade, the most feared amongst the land, was beloved to Tommy.

But this all quickly changed, As just a simple messenger bird.. A simple dove, burnt it all to the ground.

Dear Emperor Wilbur
I hope to help you fall aware, the sea side has fallen under siege and wishes to ask for help. We are aware your not your father but if anything runs in the line, we hope to get aide. Our troops are ill, we have ran out of rations.. We will lose the war. The Eggpire wishes to lay desolation. We beg.. Help send aide.. Your our last hopes. All others have ignored"
Sally of Kinoko

Immediately, tommy knew with this.. Life wouldn't be the same.. The Arctic had never once been to war since time could remember. Peace had been around for centuries it had been there so long and yet.. They couldn't ignore the call.

The kingdom of Kinoko and the Empire of the Arctic were friends, allies. They had many treaties saying shall one need aide the other would rush to assist. Wether famine, pestilence, plague, or even as now.. War. They wouldn't dare back from the treaties they held since the dawn of time.

When Wilbur saw the letter, he furrowed his brows and set along the way to prepare the armies. To send half to defend Kinoko.. The other to stay behind shall they befall an attack for aiding. Wilbur had been trained in the art of combat and war.. And he had Techno at his side as he got ready.

But Tommy couldn't bare to see this. He couldn't bare to see Wilbur leave. "Who will run the empire with you gone?" He asked. As he refused to let him leave.. Why did Wilbur have to go? Couldn't someone else? Why did he feel the need to leave.

With a soft broken smile Wilbur looked to the teen and sighed. "You Theseus.. Your to run it as my right hand.. I will be back before the Cardinals sings the songs of snow.. I promise.. I will be home for the season to change." He said with a soft kiss on his brothers forehead he saddled and mounted Friend.. And both he and the general left.. Leaving the young boy alone.

It took till they were out of sight to the mornings ray of sun for the blonde to finally let the tears fall. All he prayed was they both got home safe. He didn't care if it was in time for the seasons to change. If it took years. He knew what war could do. He knew the destruction that would follow. His only hope, was they got home.. As he turned to the Gates of the palace, with a long face.. He disappeared inside.. To start his new routine..