part 49

It was a short trip home but Karl somehow made it longer than needed. He was gone for three extra days. Where was he? Making the trip worth it. He honestly could of been gone a week and no-one notice but he knew better. So he just took one day extra to have to himself as he returned to the palace the sixth day, he sighed walking to the main study of the prince.

A letter in hand he smiled with A polite bow. "Your Highness, your letter" he said as the prince took it, returning the smile as he dismissed Karl. The slightly younger did not mind this. It meant more time to add to his stories.

As Wilbur sat in his study, his messenger dropped the long awaited letter. The few days? Oddly felt like eternity to him. Felt like forever. As he waited and waited. He knew Karl very well and knew that it would be a few days but heavens sake, he couldn't wait any longer.

Finally it was there. The letter. But the addressed name its from was not whom he though. "Sapnap?" He wondered why he was sending it. But never the less he opened it.

Your Highness; he began reading slowly
I am very sorry but my father is out of town. Yet I had Skeppy help me find what you wished for. The records as requested were checked. But they do not align with yours. You see, Theseus was born on the 9th yes.. But our records show another birth three days prior to be stillborn. Is that whom you wish to find? An unknown child? I highly doubted it and so I went to think over it.
Of course I dug deeper. Your lovely messenger Karl, helped. And in two days time I had enough for you
A lovely lady who works the shore lines recalled to me the information of that time. Two children of sisters. But one swore her to secrets. Now that Sarah is gone, the mistress who asked of this, she could say. Theseus was not her son. But a gift. You were right Prince Wilbur, Theseus is not the son of Sarah but a maiden who passed through on a family trip. Seeing her own child gone, Sarah took the second. Her sister never knew the truth. As she never knew Sarah had hers that day. And so she left with A broken heart and the child was raised a villager.
I am now to under stand why you asked of this? Why ask of Theseus origins? And send me on a goose chase for such information? Is this not best settled down with time?
Mrs Innit had no siblings of the higher classes so what would this do for the boy?
But as ordered, I will hold my tongue. Nothing shall be leaked. Its safe between us two and your messenger.
-Sapnap Halo

Of course.. Wilbur knew it. He had troubles understanding Sapnap writing at first but eventually understood. Tommy wasn't originally to be from the auburn village. He was not to be raised a Chiefs son. There was not to be a Theseus Innit. But time, and fate changed. Sarah, lied.. To everyone. His own mother? No.. Aunt. His aunt. The prince reminded himself. Sarah, was not his mother.

As he sat there a soft knock came. And Tommy walked in with a tray. "You didn't come for lunch, so I brought it for you sir" he said setting the tray beside him. They didn't talk very much, but still were close. One could see it in their eyes. They still were closer than anyone in the whole palace.

About to leave his eyes fell to the letter in the princes hands. "Sapnap? Why is Sapnap writing to you?" Suddenly he closed his mouth. Tommy recently tried to hide his curiosity of everything. Like he use to. Like he did before they met. But it was hard. It showed many times the constant struggle. He was breaking inside from it.

Wilbur only laughed "oh this? It was an answer, I sent Karl with a message remember? This is my answer" he folded it up and looked to him with soft caring eyes. But they weren't the same ones he was use to. No, Tommy saw also hurt in them. "your Highness?" He asked worried

"do not worry about it" he sighed standing. "Thank you for the tea Toms.. But I must see my father first" he said ruffling his hair softly. Tommy smiled softly. He loved physical touch, he loved when people gave him hugs or smiles even. He never got that before the palace. Its what made him happy.

Wilbur left the room, note in hand. He wouldn't leave it no. He needed this. He needed the message. And he didn't want Tommy to read it. He doubted the blonde would but still. he had to make sure. He had to keep it with him as he saw many reasons to.

For Tommy, everything was fast then slow and then.. Just plain. Life at the palace never grew dull. But someways it was just to fast. He felt nothing got done in time. Or it went so slow he ran out of things to do.  Those few days with medium work? He just felt like they went on forever. It was just not right.

As he sat in his room that night he stared to his picture.. The thought always coming to him.. Had that been his home? Or was the palace? Both areas he felt so loved and safe. Both parts of the land he had friends.  But here had Wilbur.. There had All his childhood memories stored. He was torn between the two.

Never before had he been so upset by a place as such. The auburn maple trees by now were to be shedding leaves and the first frost coming. But no snow would fall, and he knew that. But here? They got snow. Every day. And he was a bit excited.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on his door by none than Technoblade himself. Slowly the General came in. It raised question in the boy. why was he here? He never came in.. Nor spoke to him often  "Tommy? The emperor has summoned you. I am to escort you to the Throne room"

His worry only grew. The throne room? Why?! Had he done something wrong? Surely not.. No. He always made sure not to. So, why was the Emperor summoning him.. And why send the General?