part 27

Wilbur wasn't surprised to hear Tommy decline the offer, but he still looked over warily. He didn't want to see Tommy leave, sure, but.... He didn't want to boy to throw this away just because he had a duty to serve him. Wilbur would happily let Tommy go if the boy wanted it, which is why he looked at Tommy, walking over to speak to Tommy with a hushed voice. "Tommy, if you Truly wish to leave, I will not hold it against you...." He said softly, even as barely veiled pain swam in his eyes.

He glanced back towards bad carefully, unsure how to feel about everything. He was happy, yes, but he really hated that fact. He shouldn't be happy about the fact that Tommy was giving up going home just so he could stay by the prince. He should insist that Tommy do what he wants. If he truly wants to go home, that he should do such a thing. But, he couldn't find it in himself. Maybe he was a bit selfish for that fact.

Wilbur quickly met Bad's eyes as he realized the shop owner was talking to him. He took in a sharp inhale as his previous worries were somewhat confirmed, feeling like he was slapped even if the tone held no hint of bitterness. So the empire did all of this....? It was their fault that Tommy's family was gone... And even still, Tommy stayed loyal and even defended the prince. Wilbur glanced back to Tommy, lips turning down just barely as his conflicting thoughts began to drown him. He didn't know what to think, nor what to feel....

Tommy shook his head. He didn't want to stay here. Just visit once more. He looked at Wilbur and then Bad with a gentle smile. "As much a# I love the maple trees and the syrup every spring and fall they produce, that sweet sugary taste, I will not stay very long" he said boldly. "This is not my home any more Mr Halo, the palace is"

he found family and friends there to be comforting. Here he knew very few and would be pressured into leading eventually. He didn't want that kind of responsibility yet. "I am truly sorry, but I made my mind up before we came"

He looked at wilbur seeing guilt and sorrow in his eyes, he felt something wrong had been said. But what? What did they say that upset him that much? Was it he still was loyal. And didn't wish to stay like people wanted. Then it hit him. Wilbur felt it was their fault his parents died.

"Master Wilbur. Your Highness. Its not your fault" he said softly. Bad heard this and froze. That's the prince he was talking to and he had not shown respect by bringing that topic up. "It was not you. Don't feel bad" he wanted wilbur to know he held nothing against him. While it was partially The Emperor's fault, for not defending this part in time, Wilbur had no part in it. It was the King who was to blame for that day.

Wilbur still felt a grouping of all consuming and confusing emotions, but he relaxed a bit at Tommy's insistence. He no longer felt as if he was the one keeping Tommy from being happy in his homeland. He noticeably relaxed at the confession, shoulders slumping a tiny bit.

"If your sure...." He said softly, still unsure. He felt guilt build up at just being happy Tommy was staying with him, though. Even though that surely meant Tommy was happy at the palace, the prince couldn't help the guilt eating up at him. The double-guessing, the fact he was so relieved and happy that Tommy was staying with him.

And then the comment brought all of that up tenfold. He looked towards Tommy, trying to shake away the guilt and managing a soft smile. "I know, Toms, I know." He reassured. He knew he was only a young boy at that point, definitely not old enough to be able to change anything. He shouldn't feel as much guilt as he does, so he shoved it down.

While Wilbur thought things over Tommy began to look around again. The sword Bad was making had fine golden engravings, perhaps for a traveller or a guard of the village. He couldn't read the name, as it was in a different language. Most definitely for a traveller from the Ender lands. As he noticed a blue green pearl. Those didn't come from here, so the traveller must of brought it with themselves. Bad was known through many lands to make fine swords, through requests. He filled each order to the exact measure he was asked to. And always with in a week, if he had the supplies.

"Is this for an Enderian Mr Halo?" He asked very curious picking it up and examining it. Bad turned around and jumped. "Now Theseus I don't want you to break that" he of course knew Tommy wouldn't but said it as in the past Tommy had broke a very expensive sword by accident before.

Tommy laughed. "Where did you get the Ender Pearl? They aren't from here" Bad walked over taking the sword from him and setting it back on the anvil. He was working on the final pieces of it, the carving and polishing. "The Man who is to buy it brought it with him. Very nice lad. No older than you are" he said kindly. "if you wish, you may pick one of the others in the shop. I still owe you one"

With that Tommy was off. He darted inside to looked around. It wasn't that he could own a sword, Wilbur probably wouldn't allow that. It was that he had to see if he still had it. Still had that priceless memory with him.

As Tommy ran in, Bad Only smiled going back to his work. "You are very lucky Your Highness. Theseus seems to really like you" he knew more than he let on about the boy. "Never saw him like that to someone before, even his own mother. You have a special touch"