part 46

"With great power, is grand responsibility " This is what the empress told her son "one day, when its your turn we will step down and such a responsibility will be on your shoulders. I pray you never deal with it alone"

Wilbur remembered the day she said this, the day before she passed on. It was the last thing he heard her say to him along.  He always thought she meant find a wife but.. Why tell a prince such at a young age? He was not even age of courting. As he sat in his room over looking papers it hit.

Her words never said a soul mate, she Said someone to share. A companion in comparison to it. This meant anyone who could help to him. Tommy always had been helping.

There was a reason he thought of this tonight, in a weeks time the Crowned Prince was to be Emperor.. Philza was stepping down. He had grown tired and wished to finally relax from such deals. His companion had been Wilbur's mother and then the general helped as a friend when she left. This meant Wilbur would either have to find an Advisor or Marry.

Personally he was not for the second option, while his father was. He did not feel ready for such a commitment. And he knew very little who would be well to try either way with it. There wasn't many Lady's of the court or Princesses near the palace whom were friends. Most of whom were? Happened to already have married or claimed they never wished.

So he sat, pondering on an advisor. And his mind went to one single person. His Aide. Tommy had served for well over a year or two, he lost track. But through it all. He was there. He saved his life. Helped fulfill special requests and all. He was there to help lift the burden Wilbur felt. And it was only fitting he was chosen. But tommy was sixteen. Would he accept such a role?

As the rain turned to snow in the nights cold wind, Tommy and Wilbur both were up late. Both thinking of different things but little did they know it may connect, a simple thought would make everything different. As the blonde eventually drifted off on his thought the Prince could not.

When morning came the snow still fell, winter had come which meant little would it be sunny. The Arctic was known for its harsh cold winters of constant snow. The lake froze over and the trees had shed their leaves. Leaving bare wooden trunks stems and branches to show.

The Aide was up with the sun, darting around to prepare like a normal day. Getting the lemon chamomile tea ready in the kitchen for his master and the silver tray to bring it to him. Smiling, he knocked on the door and entered.

Wilbur was asleep in bed, his blankets over him and his bowl curly hair locks in his face. It never got old seeing his Master oh so peaceful. It made him happy and he always hated to wake him. But this was the job he had to do. As he set the tray aside he gently nudged his shoulder with a soft whisper "Master Wilbur, Tea is served its time to wake up" he spoke in a quiet voice as to not startle him

Slowly the brunette opened his eyes and smiled, with a yawn he stretched under his blue quilt and sat up. "Good morning Tommy" he said in a soft and tired voice. He had been up quite late, and now regretted it as he knew he could not sleep in with Tommy around and would feel bad if he did either way.

The boy set the tray down on the bed and stood in a kind manner beside the bed. "Master? May I ask a question?" He needed it answered but felt he would keep getting it the same way. The way he didn't want

The prince gave a nod as Tommy sighed. "Promise no matter what to answer it sire?" He asked as Again he got a nod. "No backing out then"  What was this question he so badly wanted? What did the prince just agree to? .. To answer without going back?

"your baby Brother? What was his birthday? It doesn't say in the records"

Silence filled the room as Wilbur moved to the side of the grand bed, standing up and walking past him. He looked upset to the blonde. He knew it was sensitive and knew he would rather never say. But he was dying to know it was eating him up inside.

"Master?" He tilted his head, but the words that came were once more not what he wanted. But instead the opposite. The prince spoke, his voice laced with clear sadness. "Tommy you know you shouldn't be poking around like this"

A soft frown came as He nodded "yes but you promised to tell me" he said, the prince promised to answer the question!

"Tommy no.." A more stern voice came but the child kept pushing. "you promised! You gave me your word! You said you'd answer me!" He wasn't leaving it alone. He kept trying to pry it out, till the prince snapped

"Theseus Innit! The answer is No!" He yelled turning to his Aide, who stood in slight fear. Wilbur never yelled before to him, never even raised his voice often. It hurt, it hurt to hear him so angry. "I'm sorry" the blonde said softly

Wilbur shook his head "get out. Get out of my room" he had cold eyes to him as the boy nodded "I'm sorry Sire! I just-"

"Theseus get out!" He was mad, Tommy knew better than to do this. He warned to drop it and now he was mad. "Get out! Your released. I don't wish to see you for the rest of the day"

In the end, Tommy left, half way to tears.. For once he was being curious and doing what he wished.. Like others always told him to. But it ended like it always did in tears and heart break. He was sure just broke everything he had built in the past few years.

As he left, he darted down the halls. He was crying as he ran to the kitchen. Of all the servants here there was one who always kept him safe, wether from sickness or when he got in to trouble.. And he began praying she would help him.