part 51

All tommy ever wanted was a nice family, one who wouldn't leave. Wouldn't hurt him, wouldn't over love him. One that was just right. But he never thought it existed. Till now. All his questions over the year had been answered..

With in weeks, he was given a choice. Stay the prince assistant. Or be one himself? The whole Kingdom knew, about the rumour of the missing boy.. But that wasn't Tommy's fear. He didn't care if the world knew who he was, Prince or not. No Tommy's fear was... He never would see the gorgeous maples or the lovely cedar. No more Cherries in summer. That was something he loved.

That night, the night with the royal family everything came together.

Sarah, Tommy's supposed mother, had lied. When The empress came to visit, she was with child. She wanted to have it in her home town of the outskirts. The one with Auburn meadows. But she had been told her child had not made it. A lie. Sarah had once been expecting too.. Few days before Her beloved sister. But her child didn't last the night. Seeing one just like her own, the temptation was to far and she couldn't resist.

But when the village came to war, Sarah had to go.. She knew the heavens wanted the child home. And she knew her sister deserved her child.. The cold heart had melted as she tried to fix the past, but not all can be fixed in life. As she soon found out. Sarah passed without fulfilling her final wishes, and never telling the boy his true story. He grew thinking he was a refugee of war, a servant for life.

But with the castle books, the history of their leaders. The ways of the past and his own home history linking the truth came.. And so did the responsibility. How he dreaded the day. The day he would be crowned. He wouldn't be expected to do anything, he wasn't told to have any cares.. But be himself.

But being himself was hard. Tommy felt it was his duty now to help Wilbur always and take some of his responsibility as his own and his brother didn't like it.

Brother.. That was a word he oh so long dreamed of. To have one, just older.. He didn't care how much older just someone to look up to. Anyone. And he had found someone to do that with, just being a servant.. But knowing the man he looked up to was his brother .. Everything was moving to fast for him.

He wasn't ready for this at all. As months counted down, Winter came to spring with the beautiful flowers spreading and soon summer befell them. It came and so had the set day. Tommy had made his decision Long before.. And yet, wasn't sure of it.

Standing by his bed, the same Wilbur gave him the day he found work for the palace, he looked to a mirror.. Hair nicely combed with a small braid on the side. A traditional thing for his Village for such occasions. He sighed, his blue eyes falling to the slight red and grey suit he wore..

Wilbur had slowly but surely gotten the boy use to nicer clothes and not the hand down cloth.. But it was long and hard. Even now he wished to be in his cotton shirt with leather boots and simple smile. Hair as wild as he could stand it like before.. Now he stood, clean, well kept. Almost like a dream.

As he sighed he looked to the door of which a knock came from. "Tommy? May I come in?" A soft voice asked.. As they didn't knock again, awaiting an answer patiently

"Yes.. You can" it was odd for him to not say, yes sir, or Its your palace sire. Tommy was personally asked by Wilbur himself, as an order, never to use such things with him anymore.  No more could he call Wilbur anything but his name.. Tommy originally thought it would be hard but it wasn't to bad, it just felt awkward. His whole life.. Turned in a matter of seconds of thinking and connecting a story line with another.

As the crowned Prince, heir to the throne walked in he smiled.. "You look nice.." He said kindly as he sat on the bed. Had it been the Emperors way, Tommy would be in a larger more grand room. One with laced curtains of silk. Velvet sheets and mahogany bed frame, the colour Tommy liked.. But the young blonde preferred a simple oak and cherry room, with the mural he painted.

Looking over tommy smiled just a little. "Thanks Wilbur.. Think it will pleas the Emperor?" He asked as Wilbur laughed.. Philza had asked Tommy to use what ever he felt comfortable using for him, and in this case.. Even after months, he still said Emperor or Highness. Majesty. Tommy just felt wrong. Even if it was his father of birth.. He hadn't connected to far with him. Not as much as Wilbur. He was even closer with the General! And that, that there was hard. But Techno found a secret favour in him.

With a sigh and a soft hand touching the blondes shoulder Wilbur smiled brightly.. "I think it looks just fine.. " he said with such a soft tone of voice it made Tommy smile. He loved Wilbur.. He did. He always felt so happy with him. "Thanks Wil.. Means a lot to me"

Finishing his attire with a soft black rose in his coat he sighed, ready to walk out. For formal events, Tommy was asked to wear royal attire. But for hos sake, it was not as much as Wilbur's. Today was the special day for them.

As the brothers walked down the hall Wilbur's smile looked nervous as Tommy smiled back offering a hand to him. They had grown much closer than before. "Don't worry Wil.. Its going to be fine" he said.. As they walked to the throne room.. All stood. The day had come.. For the crown to fall..