part 3

Like a dog following its master, Tommy stuck very close to the prince as he was led into the small room. As he was handed the clothes, he accepted them with a nod. They'd be fine.. Not one hundred percent fitting, but he didn't mind it. As long as he could wear them, he was sure a size bigger was okay.

In his dirty old clothes, stained and wore by time, he was very glad to be able to wear something else, as he ran into a nearby room to change hoping not to be yelled at. When he wasn't, he smiled. He had tried to make it look nice, and succeeded. As he then continued to follow.

The halls, decor with many things, made him smile. He didn't touch anything of course, he knew he shouldn't lest he break something. Once in the princes royal room he stood still, waiting to be told something or handed something. His eyes followed Wilbur carefully. Upon being handed the pen and paper, Tommy immediately began to write. 'Thank you Sire.. For your kindness, I shall repay it' he showed it back, with a grin.

Wilbur smiles as soon as Tommy came out, going over to lightly brush off and straighten out some of the wrinkles. “You’ll probably get a few tailor made outfit later, but you look nice! Is it comfortable?” He asked, holding Tommy’s shoulders gently after he finished up his fussing. He nodded once he got an answer, moving away as they headed out to his room.

He could see many ways that this could go both horribly wrong or absolutely wonderful. His father had been suggesting he accept a personal servant for a while now, and he could already feel himself becoming attached to the kid. He just hoped nothing went to wrong once his original master found out…

Wilbur smiled, waving his hand lightly at the writing. “You can just call me Wilbur now. All of the fancy titles and such always ended up off-putting to me anyways, in all honesty..” he confessed, gently smile never faltering. “And, don’t you worry about repaying me or.. anything like that.” He snickered light heartedly, “I’m supposed to help my people, and that includes servants and such. If you were being mistreated poorly enough to risk running, I’d be a poor prince not to help out, right?” He notes, studying Tommy’s face for a few long seconds.

He could see some of the signs of such mistreatment clear as day, and it made his stomach turn. This kid didn’t deserve whatever treatment he ended up receiving, the prince could tell just from the short period of time he knew Tommy that he didn’t deserve it. He seemed like a bright and compassionate boy, not some troublemaker or problem child. He wanted to help as much as possible if he was being honest..

He still felt as if he didn't belong there, in the beautiful room of royalty and with the prince. It would be odd saying Wilbur when its a prince. He was always told to speak by title. Miss, Master, mister. Your Highness. Titles like that was what he was used to using. Not names. But he'd try now, to use what he was told to use. Writing again, he showed the paper once more. 'Okay Wilbur. Your very kind. Thank you for helping'

He didn't need tailored clothes to fit, or pads of paper to talk. In reality, deep inside, he found the reason he left. It was not due to his life conditions. Sure, it was unbearable to be mistreated everyday, all hours of his waking moments and sometimes, he didn't even get sleep if he misbehaved.

What he was looking for, in the streets of the kingdom, the castles gardens. Was kindness, something to show him, not everything was mean, and heartless. But could be kind and loving. He found it, in the prince. Wilbur was showing him what he thought he couldn't find. Tommy was about to give him a hug, when he heard a knock on the door, and moved back. he thought He shouldn't push his limits anyways. But was curious, who was outside?

Wilbur smiles at the boy, gently ruffling his hair. “Don’t mention it. Like I said, I hate it when my citizens get mistreated. I would offer getting onto your old master for you, but… I doubt you’d want me to do that.” He snickered, before moving to his desk. He got out a few empty documents, going ahead to make it official. He hummed quietly as he wrote out the traditional paperwork needed to make someone his aide or personal servant. He left out the last name whenever he mentioned Tommy, not knowing it quite yet and deciding it would be fine without for the most part. He can put the last name at the end.

He motioned Tommy over. “Ok! Tommy, I just need to sign here and tell me your last name. After that, I’ll legally be your new… employer? That sounds a lot better than master, honestly…” he mumbled the last sentence, but looked back up towards Tommy with a kind look.

He perked up as soon as the papers were finalized, hopping up to his feet. “There we go! Now we can go get your room and starting salary settled. We should have soon spare bedrooms close by for your exact position!” He chirped, heading towards the door before pausing at the knock. He furrowed his brows, lips curving into a small frown as he opens the door. “Hello?” He asked, looking out into the hall.