part 20

Wilbur had noticed the fear almost immediately, quick to comfort the boy as soon as it was noticed. He really wasn’t mad, not at Tommy anyways. He was mad at himself more than anything else.  Wilbur had let Tommy be injured, and then had left him alone with no entertainment. No wonder the boy would try to do stuff.

He pulled Tommy into a brief hug. “Don’t apologize… I was just worried. You didn’t hurt yourself, so there’s no harm done. Just…” he sighed softly, “be careful… take it easy for a day or two. I brought you some books now if you get bored, and I can stay with you the entire time. Phil emptied my schedule for as long as I need.” He said gently, before letting go.

He gently brought Tommy over to the bed, handing him the tray. “I also brought you some food, pain medication, and some more tea if you want it. They may help a bit. Or, will hopefully help.“ he smiled, rubbing the back of his neck a small bit.

How Wilbur could stay so kind to him, he wasn't sure. Tommy let his crystal blue eyes look up again, And face his master. He couldn't understand why he'd do this. He knew he was important to Wilbur, but why? Why was he allowed to stay so long! Why did he seem to take blame for all that had happened even though, it was by accident. No-one had any blame to give or take for the accidents he had gone through. And the few there was to be found. Fell on him, and his desire to do something he was told not to.

As he was pulled in the hug, he froze in slight pain.sighing in slight relief when let go. He liked when he could hug Wilbur he truly did, as it was the only person he ever received one from. But, the sudden movement of his shoulder shot pain down his arm and back. He didn't let it show, he didn't want more worry to come his way, he had caused enough.
As he was taken back to the bed, he looked out the window and sighed. He was thankful Wilbur had brought books and stuff to keep from boredom. And even offered to stay with him as company in case he got lonely.

But, he wanted something else. Something he couldn't get, and he knew it. As his eyes fell to the horizon outside, far in the distance. For a few moments he stayed there, until he snapped back to reality. The wish he had inside, would never come true. As he took the medicine off the tray and Took the required amount to ease the major pain he was in. He smiled at the tea, but left it alone for the time being.

"Have.. Paint?" He asked looking back out the window as he crossed his legs on the bed. It was an odd request. And he knew it. Not many kids his age painted or even drew often. But, he wanted to. It would help pass the time wouldn't it?

Wilbur kept a warm smile on his face the entire time, one that also shown in his eyes. It was an odd thing, how attached he was getting to Tommy through this all. The prince had found the kid in a bush and had taken him in, Wilbur really should not see him as a true friend after just a few weeks at most. But Alas, he did. Tommy was probably the best friend he has had since childhood, and then it was the now general.

The two had trained together and played pranks together. At one point the joke started that they were truly twins separated at birth. But then they started going down different paths, and work started to get more serious. They drifted apart, and Wilbur didn’t have anybody else to just talk to for years. And then Tommy came along.

The fact that Tommy got hurt devastated him, even more so because the prince blamed himself. Wilbur couldn’t have stopped it, he knew that much, but he still felt guilt eating up inside of him.

He had noticed the tiny wince, even as he tried his best to avoid hurting the boy’s shoulder with the hug. He quickly let go, moving Tommy to the bed. He watched the boy the whole time, noticing how he seemed to longingly look at the window. He frowned gently, studying Tommy for a minute. He didn’t want to jump to conclusions, even if he really should have at that point. Tommy would eventually want to leave, assuming that was what he silently desired, and he deserved to. He deserved to be free. That wasn’t even a question.