part 43

Oh how worrier the prince was over that small ravens feather on his aides floor as he darted around the palace looking for either.. For hours he looked until he saw a familiar shape coming down a hall

But there was a problem. "Tommy?! Why were you in the forbidden rooms?!" He asked shocked. Did the blonde forget what would happen to servants who went down that path? Who dared to entre. Even if there was no guards the Emperor  always knew. And always knew when as well..

Tommy sighed looking at his master slowly. Then back down silent. This, was odd. He always had something to say why was he quiet? Why was he not speaking like he use to?

The boy had been silent originally at the palace for two or three months.. And them for seven to nine more he spoke, very frequently. So him being so quiet was not normal any more and it worried Wilbur

"please don't tell me you went alone down there" he asked for answered to the questions in his mind, as the boy shook his head. He did not go alone.. Thank heavens. "But if not, who took you? I know you'd never disobey the orders given or break rules.. So why did you go back? And with who?"

All the prince received was a glance a single royal painting of the Emperor and his beloved son.. And immediately, Wilbur knew. All this?! Was his fathers doing. Tommy disappearing for hours, even when he suppose to be resting. The boy silent again perhaps was as well. And Wilbur highly disliked it.

"come Tommy." He said dragging the boy by his hand softly and going to where he could keep up unlike the rushed emperor before. Was he in trouble for not talking? He didn't mean to, he just couldn't find anything to say once again. And now looked ready to break. He never liked being quiet.

The prince went down the long decorated halls and corridors, occasionally asking maids for his father.. The man sat in a room of plain colours and a desk filled with papers. His personal royal study.

Tommys eyes went wide again as Wilbur went to a sudden halt. "Father? What did you do to Tommy?" He asked, demanding an answer with how he spoke to his father.

The Emperor sighed and looked at them. "Wilbur I did nothing but show him something.. A simple painting is all" he said with a stale expression.. One often misplaced for anger or nothing. "I saw he liked to paint, so I showed him something"

The prince did not believe him. "Then why won't he talk?! You said something I know it! Apologise!" No-one, no-one in the whole world ever dared speak like this to the emperor but his son, and it was on very rare occasions.

Phil sighed and sat there crossing a leg over the other and looked to the boy. "Theseus, I believe you should tell him.. Its not an order but a request, you may accept or deny this" he said softly.

Beyond confused Wilbur looked at his aide who was on the verge of crying. What was wrong? Tommy never acted like this before.. What happened? "Father what did you do to my friend?!" He said much louder now..

Though given the choice to say no he felt it was an order.  And it was needed as he turned to Wilbur letting tears fall.

"Your Majesty.. He did nothing to me but show me a picture of a woman in a garden.. He did nothing but tell me I have family. My silence is not the Emperors fault.. It is my own" he said softly trying to calm his master down and not break crying. "I was told to either hide it away and keep my simple servants life or say the truth and risk everything"

It was clear he originally wanted to hide it, but by speaking revealed every thing. He truly did not mean to worry Wilbur or anger him. Upset the Emperor or tear a piece of the royal lovely connection apart.

Hearing he had family wilbur paused.. So, tommy had someone to go to. Someone who could offer a home and family. It hurt thinking once more he would chose that life over what wilbur could offer. He couldn't offer family, he couldn't offer a calmer home. He was a prince and Tommy a commoner. There was a line difference drawn between them

He slowly knelt down to the boys height and sighed. "Tommy, if your scared I will ever get mad that you wish to go. You wish to find this family I will not be. You are like a brother to me now, I wish nothing but happiness on your behalf." He said softly wiping the tears on the blondes freckled face.  "you have kept me happy and on the right track for a year now.. You have repaid any debts to me and my family. You are more than welcomed to leave.. But I must say before you make your mind up. I do honestly wish things had been different. That you could of come to me in another way, not through running away. I wish I could.. Of been your real brother"

Hearing he saw this simple servant as a brother shocked both blondes in the room to their cores.. Oh how bad he needed to know now.

"Master.. I wish as well I could of had you as my brother. Been your little sibling and kept you company like I have these recent months.. But sadly I am not. O am close however as your Cousin.. I am sorry if that dream never comes true.. As this is the closest I think you will get"

Wilbur froze immediately. Cousin? He looked to his father who nodded to confirm.. The boys were related and he was never told?! "How.. Long have you known?"

Phil decided now would be time to chime in, as he saw both confusion and hurt across his sons face. "Just today Wilbur.. That is why I took him to the forbidden rooms, so I could show him your mother, so I could see his reaction to her. It was clear to me ,seeing that woman in his mural.. He had to be"

Joy replaced any feeling Wilbur had before as he hugged Tommy close. This whole time he thought the boy would leave to find his own family, when he had them next to his side all along. "I.. I don't know how to feel now about this" he admitted, "but I will let destiny decide"