part 41

Tommy made a slow but sure recovery over time. For a few weeks he couldn't get out of bed without help, but he tried. Knowing he couldn't help the other servants he got upset at himself. He wanted to help somehow. And wilbur saw this.

As the blonde couldn't leave the room without the princes permission, he requested others allowed to come in. But not just anyone, little ones. Children of the palace. Who's parents worked or lived there. Tommy could watch them as their mother or father worked.

And he did, he entertained them with stories and myths, art and music! It seemed the boy was enjoying it more than the kids to see their smiles. Though he could only see the children after midday meal passed, he waited each day for it.

With the help of medicines and Wilbur always being by his side Tommy recovered quicker than he was thought to of. Soon leaving the princes quarters to sleep in his own next door.

Tommy was found one day, staring at the wall laying on his side. His eyes locked on the auburn scene he painted months ago. It had been two months since he and wilbur went to see his childhood home. Since he fell ill.  But he was not looking at it wishing to go back.

He slowly stood and looked around for the brush and small things of paint. He knew they were still in the room, he never took them out. Unless a maid came and cleared it. But Tommy would of had to of given permission for them to take something out.. Wilbur said so himself.

So slowly he went through his desk till he found it, the brown, blue and tans he required.. And A small thing brush. Standing infront of the painting he slowly made small strokes, as perfect as he could. Smiling as he did before he set all the supply back and went back to lay down

While he could now stand alone by himself, Tommy found it hard to stay there for more than an hour or so without almost passing out again. And one had to trust when told, Tommy passed out many times before learning better.. As wilbur often would scold him for not taking care of himself.

His blue eyes once more locked to the picture and he smiled, slowly falling asleep happily. Everything was going right. Soon he would be back at work full time instead of part time, and life would continue..

Or it would have been normal had the Emperor not walked into the room, curious to see how the boy was healing. It surprised him how a servant of such standing, personal Aide and friend to the prince, chose to live in such a small room with very little to furnish. The room was half empty.

The only things he saw was the bed, waredrobe, a simple desk and .. The painting. His eyes fell to the woman in it immediately. He knew her, very well.

It was not her blonde hair or the dress of such colours that had him confused. But her eyes. Such deep hazel eyes smiling so fondly around. This couldn't be here, this couldn't be real. Had Tommy painted this? Or hired someone perhaps? No he couldn't of asked someone to paint. To do so he would need permission. Tommy never once requested anything to Phil's acknowledgement.

He looked to the boy in the bed and then to the painting before clearing his throat to gain his attention. Knowing the boy was not in a deep sleep. His position on the bed said so, one of slight discomfort and annoyance.

Tommy slowly opened his eyes to see a man in royal green and blonde hair, quickly he sat up and looked at him. Had he don't something wrong? Why was the emperor in his room?! He was sure to go to work each morning, watch the kids after midday. He did everything even rest like asked by his master. "Your Majesty" he gave a slight bow to be respectful of him. But it wasn't much.

Philza sighed. "Who painted this and when? Where is this? Who is this woman?" He asked three questions, and expected all to be answered. And the younger male knew this.

"I painted it, a few months ago. Master Wilbur would not allow me to do much when I got injured with the dagger in my arm, so he let me paint" answer one was given as he looked to it. "This was my home, my fathers house and our small property in the outskirts. The one I was so kindly allowed to take your son to visit" answer two was short and sweet. But the third proved hard to say.

He was hesitant to answer it, why did the Emperor of all in the mural, wish to know who the woman was? Why not ask why he was there or Wilbur? Whom he painted before he went to try and sleep again. Dressed in the same royal clothing he always saw him in.

But nevertheless, he knew he had to answer the Emperor. And no lying in between it. He knew better he was raised better.

"my mother, Her name Was Sarah.. She passed away when I was little. She is the one who taught me most of what I know today" he answered looking down. He rarely brought his mother up and it still left a major hole in his heart each time.

The emperor froze. This simple servant made such a masterpiece? Not only of a wonderful scenery but a real one, his home. Adding those he loved to it. "This.. Sarah, do you know her maiden name?"

The boy nodded. "yes sire.. Withers.." Like the rose, his mothers name before marriage was Withers.. Such as the rose that led him to be bed ridden so long.

As soon as the name left his mouth, Phil took his hand forcing him to stand. "Follow me and keep quiet till I say.. Not a word" he ordered for Tommy to follow and to be honest, it scared him. He said something wrong hasn't he? He didn't mean to. But he nodded and followed behind, being gently pulled by the Emperor out of his room and down many halls. Most of which after a while Tommy did not recognise. But he said nothing still. He kept quiet and wondered..

Where was he going! and why?