part 15

Tommy felt bad he had frightened the prince, and closed his eyes expecting to be yelled at, to be punished for speaking and worrying others so much, he never was one to be calm in an emergency, especially now.

But hearing Wilbur's soft voice, sweet with gentle care and slight worry for the boy, and not himself, it brought a bit of comfort to him, as he tried to calm down in the others arms.

"He.. Tried to Hurt you. The man-.." he stopped for a moment and looked to the door open, with a worried general behind the doors running in to make sure the prince was alright or not. Tommy quickly closed his mouth and went silent.

Sure, Wilbur seemed alright with his voice, though it broke easily and it was hard to talk after so long of being muted, but he wasn't sure if the general would be the same. In honesty, Techno was intimidating to the young blonde. He's focus was turned from the general to Wilbur once more, when he saw the wound on his shoulder and the concern he was given about it.

"I'm. Fine" he stuttered. It wasn't uncomfortable to speak, just hard. It strained his vocal cords a lot. As his tears dried, he put his hand over his shoulder tightly, in slight pain and flinched when he did. "I am fine" he repeated it, trying to make sure Wilbur knew he'd be okay. Though, it would scar badly, he would live.

Wilbur seemed a bit shocked by the explanation, but that quickly faded. An assassination attempt then… that was far from unfamiliar, though he really wished he wouldn’t have to deal with it until he was king. His father was a pretty decent king, and he had long ceased being a full pain in the butt. He mostly just felt bad that Tommy ended up being apart of it. And that he got hurt.

He glanced towards techno, taking in the general’s uncharacteristically panicked exterior and expression. He gave a reassuring smile, though was a bit disappointed Tommy had stopped speaking. It was nice to actually talk to him, if the prince was being honest.

But, he Didn't want to make he boy uncomfortable. Besides, there were other things to worry about right now. Such as Tommy’s wound. “It doesn’t look ok… we need to get that checked out as soon as possible, I’m not allowing you to go around injured like that…” he fretted.

Tommy looked at Wilbur, eyes with tears still. He had stopped crying, but the water lingered in his eyes and on his cheeks. A slight fade of a smile came, as he knew Wilbur cared deeply for him and his health. He never had seen an attempted assassination before, nor heard they could go after the prince often, which he quickly realized by now, as Wilbur seemed alright with this, and very much calm about it all.

Well, All but his wound, which stung when he tried to touch it. He could hear footsteps of guards outside the room, a few whispers and such, as he felt the room go silent with worry. "I'm. Fine." He said again, as he stood up straight and looked to the general nearby. He felt comfortable with Wilbur, but not with Techno. Not fully anyways. Just a bit. "He's okay?" He asked, as his voice went softer as if a whisper. He was scared of the taller man.

Wilbur’s brows creased together. He sat up a bit more, feeling slight guilt at the fact Tommy ended up getting hurt. He was going to make Tommy get that wound looked at and healed properly. He still needed to deal with techno, though. He looked up at the general, smiling reassuringly.

Techno was beyond relieved, nodding to Tommy’s question. “Yeah….. your not, though…” he said quietly, still a bit out of breath and tired. The general nodded towards the door. “Both of you need to go to the doctor. It’s best we go sooner rather than later.” He said, before exiting to give the two a bit of space. He can fuss about reinforcing the castle later.

Wilbur stood up, brushing out his clothes quickly. He walked over to Tommy, offering a smile. “We do need to get that checked up on… Thank you, by the way.” He said softly, “you saved my life back there. Or at least saved me from becoming a hostage.” He continued, patting Tommy’s good shoulder gently. “Your a good kid, Toms.”

Tommy was happy, to be reassured Wilbur was alright and no harm had befallen him. Still, he kept quiet, as he watched the general leave. But not before telling the two that they should see the doctor. He knew he should, but then wouldn't that spread rumours? He didn't want rumours of him around the castle. He had worked so hard to keep a good name for him, and Wilbur. He didn't want to lose the trust he had. But with the wound hurting so bad, and Wilbur still concerned for it, he nodded as the general took his final leave.

The smile that was offered to him, had him smile back. A good habit he had, was returning expressions of happiness. Any smile was included in it. Normally. When Tommy was touched, he'd stiffen, still expecting some sort of mistreatment. But this time, when he was patted on his shoulder, he didn't tense up. He wanted to hug Wilbur, but didn't want to risk hurting himself more, or getting red on the princes clothes.

So, instead, tommy took his hand, placing it in Wilbur's and began to walk to the door. Out he led the Prince down the torch lit halls, to the room where they had a medical staff. He opened the wooden doors slowly, as he only had one hand to do so, and looked to the people inside. A few seemed to be caught of guard. By his shoulder, but the the others were shocked to see him leading the prince with him.

It wasn't that he thought Wilbur needed to be checked, he trusted Techno's words. He just wanted someone he knew, there to assure he wouldn't be hurt while taking care of the wound.

Wilbur was glad Tommy was taking some initiative with his care instead of resisting it. He knew for a fact that if any rumors sparked from this, that he would make sure they were positive. Tommy saved his life, he deserved some recognition for that. Wilbur definitely wouldn’t forget it. Not anytime soon, anyways.

The prince smiled at Tommy, relieved he didn’t flinch from his  touch. They began to walk, Wilbur gently gripping the boy’s hand right back and coming beside him despite the tiredness creeping into his muscles. Some nighttime guards seemed startled or shocked to see them up this early, much less with one of them bleeding. That seemed to be the expected reaction at this point. Especially as they got to the medical wing and were met with the same reactions.

One doctor came over quickly, leading the two towards another room. “Are you both injured?” He asked, gently getting tommy to sit on the cot. Wilbur shook his head, “just him..” the doctor nodded, beginning to get the needed supplies ready. “Is that the only area hurt?” He directed towards Tommy, getting some alcohol pads and rags out.

Tommy didn't bother to look at the people giving them odd looks of concern or worry. Though he never got that look from others, he didn't seem affected by it. He sat on the cot as he watched the doctor run around gathering supplies he'd need to help him, and patch the wound.

His hand shook the whole time, tapping constantly against his leg as he didn't sit still. His eyes followed the doctor like a hawk. He wouldn't let his sight off him, as if waiting for something to happen. This was the first time, he had ever been in some sort of medical room. When he got hurt at Lord Shlatt's he didn't do anything but clean the hurt area and continue with what he was doing.

Tommy nodded when asked if it was just his shoulder harmed. He didn't have anywhere else truly hurt, though he did have other scars from old incidents and such, they had healed years ago. His eyes finally went from the doctor to the prince. He blinked a few times before looking down. He wanted to ask for him, to be by him, as he was bandaged. He knew it would hurt. But he didn't want to try and speak infront of others. So he remained silent, as he tried not to push the doctor away out of habit. He didn't want to show his fear, he wanted to trust he was fine.