part 55

As the hours counted down to minutes, and then seconds, the enemy had no idea of the future of their lives.. As they chased the army of the emperor, Wilbur smiled.. As he put his hand up, and then pointed it down with two fingers to the ground, his men backed down.. Running the opposite way than before. Instead of into the valley, it was up the valley walls. And down the sloop chased the others.

But as Wilbur's smile grew, a few of the others understood.. This was game over. Their final stand was done. As with in seconds Wilbur's hand went from the sky to his side, and it went up in such a loud noise. Such a dangerous sound rang through the sky's for miles, as the ground shook and dust fell..

With ringing in their ears.. They waited for the dust to clear, settling on the ground before a cheer abruptly came. From the whole gathered army of both nations, with the Kinoko General standing by the Emperors side she smiled.

"Congratulations Your Majesty.. You just won us the war" she said gently planting a soft yet meaningful kiss on his cheek. As the Emperor smiled "No Sally.. We won the war together.." He wouldn't say it was just him. After all, she fought till he got there with his men. And together they planned. So there for it was both who won this victory.

As a thank you for the help, the King of Kinoko offered Wilbur anything he wished for, any money, supply, men.. Anything his heart desired. And personally there was only one thing he would ask for if it was available.

When the emperor arrived home, despite the parade and many grateful people to see their leader well and their brothers, husbands, lovers, all home.. Wilbur's mind was on his own family. He hadn't received a letter from Tommy in some time. And he was beyond worried. As he raced off his horse into the palace, what he saw was not as he expected.

Halls of blue, The Emperors personal colour of the royal family, with flowers and banners. It all was so off. Why was it blue? There was no way it was for him and he knew it. And he was right. While his act won the war, he had led his family to danger.

It had been the very day of the final battle. When old emperor fell ill. Most thought it was alright, it wasn't anything but a cold, maybe a flu. But as he got worse he soon bean to fear he wouldn't see the beloved son fulfill his promise to come home. When Wilbur's eyes fell on his fathers room, and a crying sound inside.. He knew in his heart. If he entered, he would never come out the same man.

And yet he did enter. He did walk through to see his young brother crying in the arms of the general. Wilbur had left Kinoko a few days after Technoblade. Making him late. His eyes raced to his fathers bed, where the man laid with closed eyes against his pillow.

Dropping everything he held, being his sword and a letter, he raced over. Eyes filling with tears as he knelt beside his father and took his hand "Father? Please wake up... Please I can't lose you now" he said ever so gently as he felt a hand suddenly on his shoulder. His eyes darted to the figure through tears, as he noticed the General shaking his head. "He hasn't been up since I came home Wilbur. Let him go" he, like the young prince, had lost hope that Philza would ever wake again.

Yet Wilbur's eyes said no. His mind said no.  And his heart said never. "Father please.. I need you to wake up, don't leave" he sounded heartbroken. As he began to cry, his tears fell down his face with no signs of stopping. Till he felt another hand, this time not the generals, on his cheek. A soft smile coming up to him with a soft cough.

"Your home" a small yet kind voice came as Tommy's eyes widened. "I knew you would come back to us" Philza had woken, as he smiled to his eldest son he sighed. It hurt to speak and move. But he did it anyways, even when Techno tried to stop him. "My dear son.. I missed you" he said.

Immediately, As if a child again Wilbur curled to the touch as he buried himself into his fathers side, relieved now to see him awake. "You scared us.."

Philza sighed "I just.. Needed sleep" he said ever so kindly. As he kissed his sons head he motioned for Tommy to walk closer "I wouldn't leave you.. Your mother would be mad" he noticed his friend standing aside his bed. His family. They were back together. And he was happy. They all were.

It took a few weeks for the elder emperor to regain his strength and even then never was the same health he once had, but he had enough. He made sure he did as six months past the end of the war, he got witness his son get married. Back in Kinoko all he had asked for.. Was Sally. And only if she would come. And she had.

As the family lived on, they grew in peace. The once feared general was known not just for strength and his teachings, but now for his kindness to the royal family. The Emperor had a son, and his now empress was always by his side.

As Theseus grew to be a young man, he could only smile at life's challenges in the past.. Even laugh at some. While back then they seemed hard and almost impossible, he had pushed through it and gotten to the mid point of life alive.

He never had to worry about claiming the throne, or watching it again. Wilbur had made sure of it. Though many tried to end the line again, They had each others backs. From friends to brothers. They were closer than ever now. And they wouldn't let go.

But now my friends is where I say Adieu my friends.. My fair wells and bet of wishes. As I set my pen down for the final time, and look at my story. I am only half way to the day I may leave, but this is my tale I wish to tell, my life, my challenges, my story.. Of a single, Silent Whisper.