part 13

Tommy gave a bow of respect to all four of them. General Techno, Prince Wilbur, Lord Shlatt and Tubbo, before taking his leave. He kept the knife hidden as well as he could as he opened the grand doors and left down the corridor of the castle. He went straight to his room.

He had ate before getting Wilbur. The maids had given him something to eat while in the kitchen. So, he wasn't hungry. As he carefully closed his door, he took the knife out and went to the small stand by his bed. There still wasn't much in the room, He didn't need much. He opened a single drawer and picked up a piece of scrap wood someone gave him. This was the project he was working on.

Tubbo watched his friend leave before beginning to eat. He kept quiet naturally, as he didn't know Techno very well and didn't wish to interrupt the silence. It was Shlatt who did.

"I hope you don't mind, but there is a storm coming" he looked up from his plate of food to the prince. "That and the roads are always dangerous at night to travel.. Would you mind if we stayed over night? We can leave first thing in the morning when the storm passes" he said as he tilted his head waiting for the answer. He was always one to worry about the travel paths. And a storm wouldn't be good to be stuck in, as he had experienced it before.

Wilbur was a bit thankful for the silence, if he was honest with himself. He had been worried that Shlatt would try to subtly interrogate them or become accusatory as soon as he realized who Tommy was. That was what he mentally prepared for, coming up with countless excuses and memorizing the fake story to perfection. It was a relief that the planning ending up worthless, really. If Shlatt wouldn't try to get Tommy back now, he doubted he never would. He may try to get back the necklace or something similar, but he already had the fake to give him instead.

He paused as soon as Shlatt started to speak, looking up at the man curiously. He had a brief anxiety building in his gut, fearing this would be the moment Shlatt would start accusing them. He relaxed as the lord finished his thought, humming lightly. "Very well. You may stay for the night and we'll prepare your carriage for you tomorrow morning." He confirmed, nodding.

Tubbo smiled brightly. He had enjoyed his stay at the castle and didn't quite want to leave, he still had a few things he wanted to do.. Of which his father couldn't know about, or Wilbur. He was still that sneaky mischievous boy he was in the past, he just hid it.

"Thank you your Highness... I appreciate it" Shlatt said as he stood up. The night had come, and it was growing late. As the moon was covered due to the clouds, and thunder rang through the halls. "I will be in our room if you need me Tubbo" he said, as he took his leave to go to the room prepared for them in advance. Tommy knew they would be staying and had asked a maid he was close to, just in case, to have a room ready.

Tommy, just sat by himself carving away at the wood, eyes focused on it. The light in his room was very dim as all he used was a single candle to light it. Normally he'd use to blue moon, but as it was covered, he had to use a candle. He didn't make any sounds but the ones of steel on wood, craving away on wood.

Wilbur nodded in respect, before standing up from his seat, "your welcome, Lord Shlatt. I hope you enjoy your extended visit." He stated, before excusing himself and heading to his own room.

He was proud of the fact Tommy already had some rooms ready for the two, meaning he wouldn't have to rush to provide adequate guest arrangements. He was a bit curious what the boy was doing right now, but he didn't go to check.

He just went on to his own room to get some work done before bed. He didn't have much to do, but there were some trading disputes, complaints, and other small scale problems that he needed to address. So, he sat at his desk and got a lot of that done. He hummed to himself as he did so, a candle flickering right by him to provide some source of light to read by. It wasn't much, but it was better than nothing.

He gave up after a while, stretching out and heading to his bed to flop into the soft covers.

Wilbur Had settled down in his bed for the night, laying on his side. It didn’t take long for him to fall into a peaceful and deep slumber, unaware he had accidentally left the window completely unlocked.