Part 40

in the room, on the navy blue bed, surrounded by satin white pillows laid two close friends, one older with brunette hair and a soft smile on his lips. Holding the younger blonde close to keep warm, as an emperor watched from a door with a bright smile.

Phil had come to check on Wilbur and Tommy, just to find both happily asleep next to each other, His son seemingly protective of his servant. It was history repeating completely.. But with a different side of it. A new twist of life. He couldn't help but go to bed that night with a smile and a thought.

A dream one would say.

Two young children playing in a garden, between the roses and trees giggling as an Empress stood by watching. Her son playing with a lovely servant girl. While the Emperor did not approve there was no others to have play dates with his age and so, the girl was raised as ad friend to him..

The smiles of both were so bright till the day of disaster. A thorn stuck in her side and close to death, The prince would not leave. Spending every waking moment in the servant quarter with her. She was his best friend. His only one.

He wouldn't leave so much the empress herself ordered for the girl to be moved to a proper resting place.. A nice clear room near the princes chambers for her to rest. And still he refused to sleep in his own bed.

Hours turned to days to a week before she woke and he was there. Over the years the bond only grew closer. He never could replace her... And A new spark began to form. When the time came, He married her and had his own family.. A happy ever after..

Or so it would seem.

Phil jolted awake suddenly shaking as he lit a candle nearby and sighed. It was early in the morning, the sun would not rise for Many  hours, yet he could not go back to sleep as he got dressed for the day and walked the halls silently.

A nightmare, that's what he saw it as, a terrible memory of a life that once existed. One that also ended many years ago. As he walked along old halls and corridors thinking to himself.

Down one stood a man in red with a frown. "Your Majesty.. Should you not be in bed?" A ruff voice called to him yet kind as well. It was Technoblade, one of his most loyal subjects and his general.

"Oh Techno it is fine.. Just a dream" he pushed it off as simple. "Your up and early as always" this got a small laugh from the man. No matter how early the Emperor awoke The General was awake before him. as if he never slept.

It always was such a mystery to the others of the palace but the Emperor knew better than to ask as he walked down the halls of stone, decorated with flowers and pictures of scenery ... Not a single one of the Royal family.

Not till the west wing of the palace, one few ever went to anymore. Thats where most servants were forbidden to go.. As it was a memorial pace for The royals, a place to go when upset and this is where the Emperor went after he awoke.

To a room, moonlight shining through a large window with grey curtains to which reached the floor. Glass panes of colours filled the room with different shades.. As around were books and papers neatly folded and stacked on a desk. A shelf of stories sat by a small bed, black sheets and purple spread on top. A cherry chest of clothes sat at the end of the bed, embedded with Rose gold carvings and small onyx stones.

A rug of purple and green was to the centre of the floor, and all was clean as if someone lived in this very room, with grand doors and an emperor walking in. But alas, it was not so.. This room had been vacant for years, twelve to be exact. They who lived here, used this room, had died when the prince was six.

As Phil sat on the neatly made bed he looked to the tinted window and out to the gardens below. "My dear.. They don't leave, I am close to giving in" he sighed.

This room, had been the personal room of Empress Kristin.. While she shared one with her husband, she always had found a love to have her own, as when the emperor was not home she would sleep there.. She often let her maids use the room when nursing a child or when sick.

But it was that same reason she died. She had fallen ill and passed away. Life was never the same for the palace, or for the emperor who never found a way to move on.

The general dressed in his clothes of common fabric and a sword by his side walked in behind and sighed. Techno was never one to love fancy clothing for everyday use, and only wore it to meeting that required his presence. Otherwise he wore a simple tunic and leather pants with his sword by his side.

"Philza.. You okay?" He asked worried. Of all the servants, of all the lands around. Only one was allowed to address the emperor this way. "I know you miss her, but she is watching from above awaiting the right time.. Be patient" he said walking over.

The emperor nodded and stood. "I am well aware Techno, just.. Its hard" he sighed turning to face his life long friend. "I fear Wilbur has grown attached to the servant boy he saved. I don't need his heart broken"

He nodded. "And I will make sure it never is" he knew why Phil said such things. It was poison which killed his wife, from a servant he trusted.. He still feared Tommy could betray them even after all this time. He knew little of his past life unlike his son, who would not open up to it.

"We need to wait Philza.. Perhaps, Theseus is not all so bad.." Techno preferred to use full names and not nicknames. And once he figured the name of the boy he was using it to address him as such only.

"I sure hope so, history loves to play games"