part 8

Wilbur held Tommy a bit tighter, trying his best to comfort the boy. He smiles politely at Shlatt, though it didn’t get close to reaching his eyes. “Understandable. No harm was meant by it..” he stated, pausing as the older man continued.

He glanced subtly towards Tommy, humming at the words. “I see… well, I’m sure that is an interesting coincidence. Now, why don’t we get back to the trade deals?” He said slowly, trying to shift the subject back into the topic at hand instead of on Tommy. He wondered why Tommy would have been treated so poorly if he was a friend of the young lord, but shook it off. He could ask Tommy any questions he wished to later, for how he merely wanted to keep Shlatt’s attention far away from him.

The prince started asking the lord questions about the city he oversaw, making some innocent jabs at certain aspects to try and annoy him into leaving or at least get some answers out of him. He made it clear to Tommy that the boy could leave at any time, but still kept him close while he was there.

Shlatt had tried to ignore the constant here and there attempts to make him leave. He knew he could leave anytime, as the main business had been dealt with, but he lingered a bit to see how long Tommy would last in the same room again as him. Normally, Tommy would immediately leave in the past when in the same room. But now, he seemed to stay next to the prince, silent as ever as he wasn't quite sure what to do now. He had no assignment, no job to be done. He just stood, loyal on the outside and scared on the inside.
Finally a knock came to the door, And a guard opened it. "You have someone wishing to see you Lord Shlatt" he said.

With permission to let the person in, a small boy, roughly Tommy's age, walked in with a book in hand. He looked like Shlatt with the same eyes and hair as him. "I'm sorry Father,  I wanted to see how much longer we would be here" he said.

This small brunette boy, with hazel eyes, was Shlatt’s son. He didn't want to leave him alone at home, and had promised a while back, should he ever visit the palace he'd let him tag along for the adventure. Now, he was in the decision hall, asking how much longer till they go home. "Not very much longer kiddo" his father responded.

Tommy seemed to hide now, behind Wilbur instead of by his side. As he watched the other walk in. A bit of embarrassment had hit him, as he recognized the other immediately. He had a feeling, should Shlatt be here, so would his son.

"If your going to be much longer, Would it be alright if I explore the castle?" This was asked to Wilbur. Of course in a polite manner, as he was always very kind to people.

Wilbur was glad Tommy seemed comfortable around him, even when Shlatt was around. He tried his best to keep all focus away from the boy, determined not to let anything happen to him. He had to take his hand away from Tommy eventually, but he still made sure Tommy could somewhat hide behind him. He had grown attached to the boy, and he wouldn’t let Shlatt do anything to remotely hurt him.

The prince looked over at the knock, one brow raising curiously. He wasn’t sure who could want to see them right then, but he wouldn’t object to the meeting being cut short. He beckoned the guard to open the door. “Let them in, then. We’re close to ending today’s discussion anyways, I’m sure.”

He glanced towards Shlatt briefly, before looking back to the other boy. He stiffened a bit, hoping that Tubbo would somehow not recognize Tommy. If they were close at one point, he didn’t doubt Tubbo would be able to recognize the other as well as his father clearly had. He nodded in respect to the young lord, sitting upright to better shield Tommy if the boy wished to be hidden.

He smiled, “you should only be here a couple more days.” He confirmed, before humming at the question.  “I don’t see why not. I can get someone to give you a full tour of the castle if you wish?“ he suggested, tilting his head.

Tubbo had been expecting to be turned down, as normal occasions like this, being brought along for the trip, his Father would object and say no. And to just stick with what he was familiar with. But this time, Shlatt nodded, hearing Wilbur would let him explore. Of course he agreed, His son would need someone more familiar with the castle as not to become lost. "Why not the boy by you?" Shlatt suggested.

Now, Tommy knew Wilbur would say no. But it was a job to do, and he knew Tubbo. Maybe.. He could try and show him around. There was a bit of hesitation, as he stayed there hiding for a few moments. But eventually, he did step out and bowed in acceptance of this proposal. Part of him did want to be with his friend again, as they grew up together. He sometimes had grown lonely in the palace.

Tubbo clapped his hands together happily, with a smile. "Does this mean he will show me around?" He asked. Tommy nodded, and looked to him. Though the lords young son had known who he was, Tubbo didn't dare say Tommy's name, or show any signs of recognition. He knew, if tommy left. There was a reason, and he didn't want to know it yet. Without Shlatt seeing, He managed to slip a few signals of his fingers to Tommy.

The young blonde looked to the prince and tilted his head. Now, instead of fear or sadness, his eyes sparkled with Excitement and joy. But, he wouldn't leave with out being released to do so.