part 35

Wilbur smiles, walking with him through the streets. He paused as they got to the restaurant, looking over at the dark brunette Man. He was happy to see Tommy still had so many friends here, especially after being gone for so long. But, it also wasn’t all too surprising. Tommy was a memorable kid. And his parents probably were just as memorable.

He smiles, bowing right back, “it’s a pleasure to meet you as well. I am Wilbur soot.” He introduced, before coming up from the bow. It wasn’t long until someone else poked their head out from behind the counter.

“Sapnap, what’re you- Theseus?!” The man called out, practically jumping over the counter. He had a slightly darker skin tone and dark brown chair. He wore a blue shirt with an apron over top and a couple of sets of earrings and other jewels. He grinned brightly, “kid, it’s been ages! How’ve you been?“ The man called out as he got over.

Sapnap had smiled when he heard Wilbur introduce himself, as he went to speak before his name was called. Of course, Tommy looked over curious before giggling. "Mr Skeppy!"  He ran to see him as Sapnap sighed. "Sorry.. I know I know, I should be working but come on! Let me get a break"

Tommy seemed so happy as he looked to the man "Mhm! I am back! Master Wilbur brought me, for a few days" he was kinda glad now wilbur wouldn't let him cook this morning, and insisted on going somewhere to eat. He was very happy to also see Skeppy still worked the shop to this day. "Its lovely to see you Skeppy! I missed you some.. Not a lot" he smiled, he did kinda miss him. He was just playing as A kid would.

"I suppose you will take our order?!" He asked "I want you to please!" It was the first time he actually asked something with out stutters or trying to brush it off. No he actually asked him. "Wilbur can Skeppy take our order?! Please!!"

Wilbur looked over at the other man- Skeppy curiously, before smiling softly. Skeppy couldn’t keep a grin off his face, slightly waving Sapnap off, “I suppose I’ll make an exception this once.” He hummed playfully, before turning his attention back to tommy.

“Are you now? Goodness, you have grown. It seems like just a month ago you were running around in here trying to snatch a baked good or two.” He laughed. He gave Wilbur a brief glance and a smile. He gave a mock offended gasp at that, “Now that’s just hurtful. I should be on the top of your missed list, excuse you.” He huffed, a smile still stretched across his face. He seemed to be one of the more energetic people they had met in this town so far. 

Skeppy laughed at the request, Wilbur unable to keep a smile off his face at Tommy’s energy. The prince just simply motioned for Skeppy, before the man answered, “of course, of course! Let’s get you properly seated now, and then you can tell us what you’d like.” He suggested, walking towards one of the booths.

Tommy giggled as he ran to take a seat and Sapnap got back to work. The deep brunette smiled now, unlike the slight frown he had before. Tommy was back in town for A little. And just made his day. So he could go on saying it was worth helping Skeppy today. Instead of laying in bed sleeping it away. Gosh he was glad he got up. As he helped take their orders the one tommy gave was no surprise to him.

The blonde gave a smile order for bacon and eggs, nothing to much. It was common food. Things he was use to. Simple and delicious in his mind. Though when he got it he only ate half of it. Leaving the other untouched. Tommy was hiding something.

The boy didn't feel good as he pushed the plate away and laid his head onto his arms crossed ever so tight on the table as A makeshift pillow. He was tired still even after waking up fully. He hoped Wilbur didn't notice this behaviour at all, and passed it off as normal.

Skeppy was a bit more joyous now as he went about his job. He had worried a small bit during all those years. A part of him had worried tommy didn’t make it. That none of the people that escaped did. Several had come back, either visiting or moving back in. Tommy never did, though, and Skeppy had started to worry the chaotic, energetic child he helped steal pastries behind Bad’s back so many times hadn’t met an unlucky end. That wasn’t the case, luckily. He was actually back in town, years older and working for what he assumed to be a noble. He didn’t mind, though, just happily making their breakfast after Sapnap took their orders.

Wilbur happily ate the entirety of his breakfast, feeling quite peckish after a long night’s rest. He was a bit concerned when Tommy didn’t finish his and seemed… off. He tilted his head at the boy, “you ok, toms? You seem tired…” he murmured worriedly.

Tommy looked at wilbur and then to his plate. "No.. I am fine" as he set his head back down. He felt bad he couldn't finish it. but he really didn't have the appetite to try. "Sorry.. Not very hungry" he softly spoke as he closed his eyes. Sapnap at first thought he made the order wrong or maybe it was he didn't like the food? But Tommy said he did, when asked. He just brushed it off and cleared the table when everyone was done.

Tommy sighed as he sat up, he looked tired. "Master Wilbur. I think its time I get you home" he said looking to Skeppy. He smiled kindly to him. "Thank you for the food and letting me see you again!" He really had missed him a lot. He wished his mother was there. She always liked when he brought back pastries for her. Though she made him pay the next day. Not even a Chiefs son got away with stealing. She raised him right.