part 53

While dark Castle walls of blue and green, decorated with gold and red. To be filled with movement at all times, were what welcomed Tommy, What welcomed the Emperor to Kinoko was worst that he could think. Like the great pillage of the Badlands on his nation years before, nothing stood on the edges of the empire. As his troops moved forward they were given a heavy welcome, one of armed men, an ambush.

They had been moving through a valley when it happened, but before any drops were shed, Wilbur noticed the marking of their swords and Shields.. Ordering his men to a stand point, a surrender as he put his own down.

All the troops were to listen to what ever this small band told them, even if they could easily be gone away with and the journey to the Capitol would resume. With a smile, he let them take him to their general. A woman with red hair and majestic purple eyes. The Sea nation was known for their unnatural looks. Of purple blue and gold. "General?" He could only assume this was a general.. As her attire read so.

Turning to face him, she frowned. "Let this man go this second, the Arctic empire is our friend, not the enemy" she declared as they let Wilbur go and he smiled. "I am so sorry Your Majesty.. They didn't know it was you"

Only a laugh came from the brunette. "I assure you, I am just fine.." He looked as Techno walked in, to make sure he was okay. Wilbur could handle himself but the man had to be sure. He promised the empire, tommy and Philza the most, he would bring Wilbur home alive..

Through brief conversations Wilbur found who the woman was. This was Sally, they who sent his letter. She had sent it despite her king saying no. She knew better. "We wouldn't win the war alone.. And he is to stubborn to admit it"

With a sigh he nodded. "Kinoko always hated asking for favours but I assure you, you helped us defeat the Badlands raiding my nation, I shall protect your from the Eggpire.. Just tell me what my men need to do"

Tommy found life at the palace the same, just without the smile and laughter. Days were passing by as he helped his friends of the servant role with their work, while managing an empire. It wasn't easy, he now knew why Wilbur was always hesitant to take the throne.

His days of repetitive living were gone and with a new way showing its self.He Wake up early, with the birds and the sun, get dressed and have a single breakfast. Philza was not in the Capitol. He had went to see the empire like he always wished to. So tommy ate alone, in his own small room. Before going to check on the others, servants guards anyone who may need help. Before going to a study for a few hours.

That's when life changes. Normally he would help Wilbur or be on call to do so while he helped the servants of the palace do jobs he use to do. But instead, now he did only the first, and by himself. Making sure the empire was safe, the people happy.. And updated with the war for Kinoko.

Th seaside seemed to be such an odd one to fight for. The kingdom small, and in the way of enemy fire or natural disasters of the sea and mountains. But unlike what the people knew, the palace knew it was more.

Kinoko was a stand point. Between the thick riches of the mountains and the control of the sea.. The reason the Arctic was friends with the Sea side Kingdom was they needed support from it. The fish would help if drought hit. The empire was only a main of crop, they didn't have the adequate water for fishing. So should famine come the coast had them backed.. They used Kinoko to buy glass and other things such as sea beads. While Kinoko traded in return for their pelts. Of fur and feathers. It was an equal balance between the two. And no-one dared break it. No-one who did try ever succeeded. The binding bond was to strong.

As Wilbur helped the Kinoko general fight the battles of war, Tommy ran the kingdom alone. Their only ways of communication was through fowl sends. Messenger birds such as the one Sally used to reach them. A messenger took much longer and the birds were more reliable now that war was there. They would be less likely to die from a mistake of friends or enemies in the cross fire as they soar up in the clouds hidden from it all.

The two brothers wrote each other, once a week on Saturday, the letter always came Sunday. It was the only time Tommy could relax properly for just a moment. It let him know his Emperor and the general still fought on. And he would send back news of the way everything was going. How the crops were flourishing with summer rains and the palace still buzzed with commotion and laughter of those who lived there.

But not all tales have the happy ending one would wish. It was now autumn, Wilbur promise cutting close. He told Tommy he would be home for the festival.. Which they held on the last day of Autumn.. Before the first snow fall. To thank the gods for a wonderful harvest and hopefully a kind winter. As the ones there could get dangerous.

The wars seemed like there would be no end. As Wilbur frowned. "Technoblade.. " he said walking out of the generals tent one day looking straight ahead, a mission on his mind.. "I am not breaking the promise.. If we can't win a peaceful war, we will take the only other way out" They had just been sent a threat, saying if they did not surrender the kingdom no-one would be standing by the next days nightfall..

Techno nodded, and that was it. The army only had one way left. Many had fallen, many were injured. They only had one way out of this.. And Wilbur saw it.. "Lead them to Treasure Pass.. I will not allow this war to end with a loss" he said, as he walked off to give a small group of men a direct order.. One that if carried right.. Would win them this battle. And this war.