1

Kamryn Halstead was the sweetest but sassiest 16-year-old you could meet. Everyone loved her. She was born to Jay and Hailey Halstead and since day 1, has had her family. The ones that look out for her, protect her, and somehow make it to every volleyball game they can. They check in on her when she's in a rough spot, and always get her the help she needs in school. Hailey and Jay aren't too strict on her but they have their moments when it comes to school.

After school, Kamryn walked to the district that was somewhat close to her school.

"Hey Trudy, they up there?" Kam asked as she entered District 21, where her parents worked.

"Yeah, I think working a case"

"Buzz me in?" Kam asked, leaning against the sergeant's desk.

"Kamryn, I think it's best if you stay down here." Trudy tried to tell her but the teen was usually pretty adamant about saying hi to her parents.

"Trudy, please. I just want to say hi to mom and dad" Kam told her, Trudy giving in and letting the teenager go upstairs. She went right in and smiled as they were all at their desks. Jay and Hailey were right next to each other.

"Hey Kam," Jay said as he saw his child. "Got homework?"

"Do you know my teachers? Pretty sure homework is a daily thing that they like to pile on until we're up to our eyeballs in assignments" Kamryn sighed, setting her bag on his desk.

"I think you're being a tad bit dramatic," Jay said, continuing to look at his computer.

"Not really. Hansen is an a-hole" She sighed, walking with Jay to the coffee/break room.

"Language Kamryn" Hailey said as she watched her teenage daughter and husband walk into the room.

"Relax mom, I didn't even say the real word."

"Still Kam. I hear enough of it, I don't want to hear it out of my child's mouth." Hailey told her daughter sternly.

"Okay fine, sorry mom"

"Get that homework done and make sure you-" Hailey started but was cut off by her daughter.

"Don't leave the district without letting you know" Kamryn finished for her mother.

"Smart kid" Jay chuckled.

——————

So Kamryn hung out at the district while both of her parents were out on the case. She went downstairs a little later to hang out with Trudy as she'd always been told to stay at the district.

"When are they coming back?" Kam exclaimed, getting bored by the minute. She'd done all her homework, watched every video she could on youtube, and was now curing boredom by spinning in a rolly chair.

"I don't know. But you can probably go home if you wanted" Trudy told her, doing some work on the computer.

"I can't leave the district without telling my mom and dad" Kamryn mumbled, playing a random game on her phone.

"I can drive you home. You can call and okay it with your parents. I'm sure they won't care."

"I'll just wait for them" she sighed and went back upstairs. She sighed and sat on the couch in the break room. Soon enough, she was laying down and fell asleep, taking a nap that turned into longer than just a nap.