41

Hailey walked up to the bullpen after dropping Kam off at school. The team was quietly working on something, and only Kevin and Hailey were missing.

"Where are the other 2?"

"Arresting Mark Esonalk," Kim answered, looking up from the paperwork. "How's Kamryn?"

"Extremely happy,"

"Who's extremely happy?" Jay asked as she came upstairs with Kevin.

"Your kid," Hailey grinned.

"She got cleared?"

"Playing in tonight's game, we might have to go grab her truck from home. I know she wants to go out with her friends afterward," Hailey thought out loud, Jay nodded.

"So Kam's playing tonight?" Adam asked, setting the file on Hailey's desk.

"She is," Hailey smiled, looking through it as Adam nodded.

"We'll be there with Mak," Kim smiled, "she loves watching her games,"

"Kev?" Jay asked, looking over to the other man's desk.

"I'll meet you there at 7," Kevin nodded with a smile.

The support the Halstead family had from their team left a smile on both their faces, knowing Kamryn would be completely surprised.

——————

As soon as the lunchtime bell rang, Kamryn headed to her coach's office in the gym hoping she got the good news.

"Hey Jamie," she smiled as she knocked on the door jam.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked, looking over to see it was Kamryn, "how'd the appointment go?"

"Well," Kamryn sighed, sitting down in a chair as she pulled a packet of papers out. "This is from Dr. Scott at Med,"

"Let's see," Jamie smiled, taking the papers and reading the top page.

In my medical opinion, Kamryn Halstead is ready to return to athletic activity as of today.
Dr. Dylan Scott, MD.

"So can I play tonight?"

"Got your uniform didn't you?" Jamie asked, standing to hug the girl.

"I can't wait to tell my parents!" She smiled, heading out to the lunch table where she usually sat.

Her team was waiting on her, engulfing her in a ton of hugs.

"Soo?" Harper asked, looking to her teammate for the answer they'd been waiting on.

"I'm playing tonight!!" Kamryn squealed, her team all clapping and hugging her happily. "Which reminds me that I have to text my parents that I am," She said as she pulled out her phone.

Kamryn: I'M PLAYING TONIGHT SO Y'ALL BETTER BE THERE!!!!!

Mama🚔💕: We will be honey.