49

"Alright girls! Let's win this!" Jamie yelled over the sound of the crowd. "Kam you're first serve,"

Jam nodded and took the ball, looking over to see where Jamie wanted it. She threw it above her head and smacked it with all her might. It flew over the net while the other team hit it a few times before sending it back. Kamryn easily dove for it but just missed contact as it hit the ground.

"She's mad," Hailey sighed, watching as Kam got up and shook her head, "she's so hard on herself,"

"You aren't? She learned it from you,"

"Yeah, yeah," she nodded as Kam made eye contact with her.

Kamryn gave Hailey a quick nod, going back to her position before they started a new set.

"She's got it," Jay nodded, watching as she got a ball coming at her.

Kamryn hit the ball right where she needed to, her team getting it over the net. They were off and on, hitting one ball and missing another.

"She's getting frustrated y'all," Kevin, sighed, Hailey nodding.

"She wants this really bad," Jay said as he kept his eyes on his daughter.

"She's good. She'll get it," Kim said from behind him.

The last set was neck and neck, the winner having to win by 2. The coach had pulled them all in to try and see if she needed to switch anyone out.

"How we doing? Anyone need a break?" Jamie asked, looking at each of the girls who all shook their heads. "Okay, one more set. 15 points,"

The tired, sweaty girls all nodded and headed back out to their positions.

The ball was served over, heading right for Kamryn who sent it right to their setter, who sent it to an outside hitter. They all circled up as soon as they saw the ball hit the ground.

"We got this guys!" Heather yelled over the crowd.

"Let's go!" Kamryn grinned, breaking from the team.

They headed back for their positions, using the element of surprise to disorient the other team.

"She's smiling down there," Jay nodded, watching his and Hailey's daughter.

"That's a smirk, Jay. She's getting confident," Hailey chuckled, also keeping an eye on her.

"Regardless, she's happy,"

"Won't argue with that,"

Kamryn continued to play and the whole team was doing amazing. They were 3 points ahead when the other team came back with a vengeance and evened up the points again.

"Come on honey," Hailey sighed, hoping they could win the game.

The team kept playing, going back and forth until they finally got ahead. They had one last play to get through before they'd be the state champions.

"Last one guys!" Heather yelled over the crowd as they huddled up.

"We got this! Let's win this!" Kam yelled before all of them went back to their spots.

"Last one ladies! Make it count!" Jamie yelled, watching all of them get ready.

The ball was served over and sent back and forth a few times before everyone started to get a little more serious. Everyone watched as the team continued to pass the ball back and forth until they spiked it one more time over the net and watched it hit the ground.

Kamryn stood there in shock for a second before the realization hit her. They had just won the state championship. The entire team tackled each other to the ground, everyone squealing happily before they got up and their coach joined in. Both Jay and Hailey got a few pictures before heading down with most of the parents as the girls ran over.

"You did amazing!" Jay smiled as he caught Kamryn in a huge hug, "you did so good K,"

"We actually won!"

"You did," he chuckled, letting go so she could hug Hailey.

"I'm so proud of you baby," Hailey grinned, hugging her daughter tightly.

The team came down after a few minutes, all of them hugging Kam as well.

The coach had gotten a room in a restaurant reserved, so everyone headed over there while the girls got changed into regular clothes and showered at the arena.

They all got dinner and took pictures with the trophy before heading back to the hotel. The girls all spent the night in one hotel room, quietly celebrating their win with junk food, pizza, and movies.

Needless to say, the bus was very quiet the next morning as all the girls slept through the 3-hour drive. Every parent was waiting at the school for the bus to arrive so they were able to take their kids home and go on with their weekends.

Jay and Hailey took Kamryn home and let her do what she wanted for a while which ended up being snuggling up in her favorite recliner and falling asleep to a movie.

"She sleeping?" Hailey asked, glancing out into the living room.

"Yeah, they pulled an all-nighter," Jay chuckled, also looking into the living room.

"Doesn't shock me but I was waiting for her to come tell us she couldn't sleep,"

"Me too, but she shocked both of us," he chuckled, "She's something else for sure,"

"You know, I never pictured us only having her,"

"I didn't either but turns out. Now I can't see us having anymore besides her,"

"Nope. That ship has definitely sailed," Hailey chuckled, "she was just a baby yesterday,"

"When all we had to worry about was ear infections and who was picking her up from daycare,"

"When she'd be all excited to see us,"

"She still gets excited to see us, just not as much," Jay chuckled.

"Definitely all grown up," she smiled before correcting herself, "Well. Mostly grown up,"

"Can't believe she's gonna be graduating in a year,"

"She's our only one," Hailey sighed, leaning against the counter.

Jay just smiled as he glanced at Kamryn before turning back to Hailey.

"She's our Wild One,"

——————

A/N: that's it for Wild One! Well, not all the end because there will be an Epilogue (it's 5 parts cuz I'm crazy lol) but this is the last official chapter! I'm gonna keep my feelings until the very last part of the epilogue but for now...I can't thank you all enough for the love and support you've shown this fic. Onto the next!