5

Hailey woke up in the morning to the steady beeping of the EKG machine. She sat up and stretched, turning towards the sweetest sight. Kamryn was still asleep, cuddled into Jay's side. He held her extremely protectively and she hadn't woken up to any nightmares. She quietly pulled her phone out and snapped a picture of the 2. Kamryn looked so small in Jay's arms, and it reminded Hailey of when she was a little girl. She smiled a little and sent that picture to all of intelligence.

Hailey: Don't know how long I was out. But I did wake up to this cute image. Jays gonna kill me for sending it but happy report that no nightmares woke up Kamryn last night!

After sending the text, she got up and washed her face. From the bathroom in Kamryn's hospital room, you could see the bed in the mirror. Jay was slowly waking up and playing with Kam's hair as he tried to keep her asleep longer.

Intelligence was soon showing up with Kam's favorite donuts. The doctors were going to wake her up soon and do their daily check. Todays rounds would determine if she was able to go home or stay longer.

"Kam, time to wake up honey. You got some visitors" Jay said softly, gently waking his child up. "They brought donuts"

"No daddy" Kamryn mumbled, getting out of his arm and rolling over with a little struggle. The teenager settled herself into a comfortable spot, leaving Jay to get up after kissing her forehead. He obviously loved his child.

"Sorry guys, thought she'd be more up to visitors" Jay said, fixing Kamryns blankets.

"It's alright. She doing any better?" Kim asked, looking back at Jay.

"Physically, yes. Mentally, we don't know. We're going to get her in with Dr Charles, and start therapy to help her cope." Hailey chimed in.

——————

After a while, the doctors all came in to check her out while intelligence headed out. Kam was not very cooperative as she wanted to sleep but eventually let them do their job. Especially after a little encouragement and bribing from mom and dad.

Luckily, all her wounds were healing pretty well, the concussion seemed to be getting better with all the sleep and they were okay with letting her go home.

Jay had signed all the discharge papers and started packing the car with everything theyd acquired at the hospital. Hailey helped Kamryn up and helped her take a quick shower and wash her hair so she could go home and get right in bed. After she was back in a pair of clean yoga pants and a T-shirt, they all got in the car and headed home.

5 minutes into the 15 minute drive, Jay looked in the rear view mirror to see nothing. Usually he could see their child if she was sitting up so she was laying down already. Seeing that he was looking, Hailey looked back to see her sound asleep on the seat.

"She's asleep" she sighed, watching her for a second.

"Don't know how she's comfortable back there" Jay said as they stopped at a red light.  He took that second to look back at his kid. "Doesn't look like she is"

"But she's out so she must be" Hailey chuckled, both of them turning back to the front.

They soon pulled up to their house, both the parents getting out. Hailey started taking everything while Jay, carefully got Kamryn out and started to carry her in.

"Hmm?" Kamryn mumbled, feeling the different kind of movement, that wasn't driving.

"We're home kiddo, go back to sleep. I'll put you in bed" Jay told his daughter. She nodded and laid her head on his shoulder as he carried her up the stairs. He carefully set her in bed, letting her get comfortable before pulling her comforter over her.

He went back down to Hailey, who was unpacking everything and throwing her blankets and clothes into the washer.

"She asleep still?" She asked as she started the washer and shut the laundry room door.

"Yeah. She's out" he smiled, kissing his wife's cheek. "Do we need any groceries?"

"Yeah we could use a few things if you're gonna do it" Hailey chuckled.

"Tell me what we need and I'll go get it" he chuckled, giving his wife a kiss. It was good for them to finally feel okay again, after everything that went on with Kamryn.

Hailey smiled and made him a little list, before giving it to him and adding "Can you stop and get Kam's medicine too? It's at Walgreens."

"Your wish is my command Hailey" Jay said as he looked over the list.

"Actually that's probably your daughters wish. The ones they gave her at the hospital are probably gonna wear off soon"

"Then I'll be back soon with the relief for her and groceries for you" Jay smiled and kissed her cheek before heading out.

Hailey went upstairs after he left, checking on Kamryn who was still sound asleep. She quietly fixed her blankets, pulling them over her before moving hair out of her face and kissing her forehead. She then shut her door softly and went back downstairs to clean.

All that mattered was they were home, Kamryn was safe and they were happy.