9

Kamryn fell asleep pretty quickly with the help of Jay, all snuggled up.
Jay turned something else on the TV because if he was being honest, he couldn't stand the movie his daughter had turned on. He could see Hailey walking around the other room, talking to someone on the phone but figured it was one of the team calling about Kam.

"She okay?" Hailey asked as she came out, setting her phone on the end table.

"Yeah. Almost got herself to sleep, jumped, came to cuddle up and she's out" Jay sighed, looking down at his sleeping daughter.

"You okay with her for a bit? Voight wants to talk to me" she sighed, sitting in the chair Kam was in before.

"Did he say why?"

"No. I'm assuming our schedule. Or what we're going to do until she's back on her feet." Hailey said, getting a nod from her husband. She gave him a kiss and kiss Kamryn's cheek before she grabbed her stuff. "I'll see you later"

"Be careful" Jay told her, unpausing the TV.

Hailey headed into the district immediately greeted by Sargent Platt "Hey Hailey. Shouldn't you be home?"

"Voight called. Wanted to talk to me?" she half asked, as she leaned on the desk.

"No clue. How's Kam?" She asked, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Exhausted. But we took her home today, watching her like a hawk." She sighed, honestly hating being away from her.

"She'll be fine. Your girl is a fighter." Trudy smiled, "go on"

Hailey smiled, nodding before heading upstairs. "Hey Sarge"

"Hey, come in. sit down" the boss told her, Hailey taking a seat in one of the chairs. "How's Kamryn?"

"Getting there. Shes home with Jay right now" Hailey told the man, leaning back in the chair.

"Well, I'll get to it then. Booth's out again" Voight told her, seeing Hailey's face immediately drop.

"He wasn't supposed to get out" Hailey said softly.

It'd been 7 years since the second Booth case. The first time Kamryn wasn't even thought of, the second time her and Jay were married and Kamryn was 11 years old.

"Sarge, what are you asking me?" Hailey asked, confused at this talk.

"I think he was involved in Kamryn's kidnapping." Voight told her, watching to see her reaction.

"You do?" Hailey told him, waiting for the shoe to drop.

"He sent messages to both of
The men we arrested at the scene. We need to try and get him to admit it or even do it again. We need to know what Kamryn knows. What she saw, what she heard."

"My 16 year old? Who's still recovering from being kidnapped, and sepsis? Not to mention her being traumatized. No. No, I cant. We cant put her in that situation again. It's gonna bring up too much." Hailey immediately told her Sergeant.

"I know Hailey but this could put him away again."

"Again? He's managed to get out twice for overcrowding and good behavior. Which is a joke. He's gonna get out again. And I don't want to risk my daughter getting taken again." Hailey exclaimed, getting somewhat upset.

"Go home. Talk to Jay about it. Let me know" was all Voight told her, as Hailey got up.

"It's a No Voight. I'm not putting my kid through that" Hailey told him, and left.

——————

As soon as she got home, she parked in the driveway and sat there for a second. She thought about anything else they could do that wouldn't bring up any more trauma for Kam. She was already pretty attached before the kidnapping and now, she was even more attached.

"Hey I'm home" Hailey said quietly, as she came in the back door.

"She's upstairs" Jay told her as he came out.

"She in her bed?"

"Our bed" Jay corrected. "I figured it would help her sleep longer. We need to get her a new mattress"

"If she sleeps, I'll take it" Hailey smiled, debating on talking to Jay about the meeting with Voight.

"What did Voight want?" He asked, almost as if he could read her mind.

"Apparently Booth had messaged the kidnappers that took Kam. He wants Kam to talk about it. Or he wants to set it up."

"Is he crazy? Does he understand that she's been through enough? We can't leave a room without her getting upset and scared" Jay started, getting stopped by Hailey.

"I know. I told Voight that. I want him put away again but not at the expense of our kid" Hailey countered, looking at Jay.

"We can't do that to her Hailey. I won't let him do that my little girl" Jay said sternly, and Hailey was on his side completely.

"Lets bring it up to Kam at least, maybe see how she feels about it?" Hailey suggested.

"How I feel about what?" Kamryn asked, coming downstairs, wrapped up in a blanket off Hailey and Jay's bed.

"I guess we are talking about it now" Jay sighed, leading Kamryn to the couch. "You sleep good?"

"I guess. Until the nightmare woke me up again" the teen shrugged, sitting down with her mom and dad.

"Honey, Voight wants you to help us. Apparently, someone that has had his eye on us is involved. Voight is either wanting you to talk to him about the kidnapping or uh. That's it" Hailey explained, trying to keep it simple for her daughter. She didn't want to give her the option to be bait.

"He can't just look at my therapy file? I really don't want to relive it" she asked, bringing up a smart idea.

"I'll talk to him. Are you sure that's okay for him to look Kam?" Hailey asked, getting a nod from their daughter.

"I told Dr Charles everything that happened. I don't want to talk about it to anyone else." Kamryn mumbled, both of them knowing that needed to be the end of that conversation.

"Okay, movie night. Pitch perfect or Miracle Season?" Jay asked, changing the subject and making Kam smile.

"You hate pitch perfect" the teenager laughed.

"You don't. I'll tolerate it for my daughter" Jay chuckled, pulling the recliner on the couch out. He started the movie as Hailey sat on the other side of her husband, all of them spending the night watching movies on the couch.