28

"You okay in here?" Hailey asked, knocking on Kam's open door.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" She asked, taking off her ring that she wore daily before throwing her watch on its charger.

"You just kinda brushed us off. You don't do that. Are we that uncool now?"

Kamryn laughed at Hailey's question, flopping on her bed where her mother sat.

"You got anything you need to talk about?" She asked, smoothing down Kam's hair that was now all over the place.

"I just feel guilty,"

"About?"

"Keith pushing me. Now he's stuck in the hospital and I just have a little road rash," Kamryn admitted, keeping her head on her pillow next to Hailey.

"If he didn't care, you probably would be at med. And he'd be dead. Your dad would lose it and probably be in jail," Hailey chuckled, "oh and by the way. Your wisdom teeth are coming out next week,"

"Now that's uncool mom," Kam groaned, pushing herself up to look at Hailey.

"I know. I know. But you need it," Hailey chuckled, "you want me or dad to take you?"

"Whose gonna give in to my crying more?"

"Your dad," she chuckled.

"If you both can't take me, then I guess dad," she sighed, laying back in her bed.

"I tried babe. Voight can't be that short, get some sleep," Hailey smiled, looking back to see Kamryn was already out like a light. "Goodnight sweetie," she smiled, pulling her blanket over her before kissing her head and heading to her room.

"She okay?" Jay asked as Hailey came into their bedroom.

"Yeah. Just felt guilty that Keith pushed her out of the way. And then I dropped the wisdom teeth bomb. She wants you to take her,"

"Oh that should be fun," He chuckled putting his watch and phone on the charger as Hailey sat on their bed.

"She'll be high on anesthesia, could be funny," Hailey shrugged, also happy that Jay was picked instead of her. She hated seeing Kamryn miserable and knew she could go either way afterward.

"Which I'll be recording. I'm sure she'll laugh at it later,"

——————

The morning came quick and Kamryn was more than ready to get it over with but also stalling as long as she could.

"You'll be fine Kam, just a nap," Hailey tried, hugging her tightly. "You're gonna be fine. You'll come back home as soon as it's done,"

"Mom can we just wait one more year?"

"No ma'am. You're going," Hailey chuckled, kissing her forehead before grabbing her keys, "I'll come home and check on you if I get time,"

"Fine," Kamryn sighed, slumping her shoulders in defeat.

——————