Epilouge Part 2

—4 YEARS LATER—

Keith and Kamryn remained a couple through his time in the police academy and her years in college. At 22 and 23 years old, they had decided to find an apartment and move in together. It was right in the neighborhood of the 21st district as well as 12 minutes from the school that Kamryn taught at so it was perfect for the 2 of them.

Kamryn had finished school and gotten a job at the local high school as the sophomore English teacher and loved every minute of it. Most of the kids respected her, especially with how lenient she was on the phone policy. She'd let them have their phones out the entire class but she made sure to tell them, it was their grade and not hers.

Keith had gone to the police academy and was now a patrol officer with CPD. He was making a decent amount of money to help support their lifestyle among buying other things.

——————

Keith had ended his shift right around 6 for once and knew Kamryn had a meeting that evening so he hoped that she was still there. Keith waited in the lobby for Jay to come down since he knew Hailey had gone home early that day.

"Keith? Shifts over, what are you still doing here? Kam's probably already home," Jay asked, holding his bag to one side as he came down the steps.

"She's probably still in her meeting. Usually, she'll leave around 6:30 from those. Do you have a minute?"

"Uh yeah," He said, both of them heading into an empty office, "What's up?"

"Well. Kam and I have been together a while now, and we're living together and I love her even more now than before. She's an amazing person, an amazing girlfriend and I just. Well, I wanted to ask for your blessing?"

"You want to marry my little girl?"

"Yes sir. I really do," Keith nodded, pulling the ring box he'd bought out of his bag.

"Keith, you've been with Kam for 6 years. I'd be more shocked if you guys didn't get married. I'm sure Hailey will agree with me,"

"Thank you," Keith smiled, "I wanted to do it soon but wouldn't do it without your permission. Kam always said it's a dealbreaker,"

"You have my permission. Hailey will say the same, we'd be glad to have you officially join the family," Jay nodded with a smile.

——————

The next day, Kam was about to start her 3rd-period class and Keith knew it was her favorite period of the day. She loved all of her students and cared a ton about them but something about the 3rd period of the day was different.

"Alright, guys. Listen!" She said over the chatter that was going on in her classroom as the bell rang. All of the students stopped talking and turned their attention to their teacher, "Thank you. Now before we start, did everyone get a post it on their desk?"

"Yeah," The class responded in unison.

"Good. I put 5 different tiers up on the board and what I want you to do, is write your name on the back and you'll put it up where you think it needs to go. Please be honest with me, because I know i'm just your teacher but I care so much about you guys. So the 5 tiers up here are I'm great, I'm good, I'm just okay, I'm a little down or I need to talk. We're gonna put our heads down and when you are done putting your post it up, tap the person behind you," She stopped, watching her class nod. "Okay heads down,"

The class listened and she tapped her first student before going to her desk and grading some papers.

The whole thing took about 20 minutes before her last student tapped her desk, telling her they were finished. She looked at the board and saw most of the posts its in the I'm good area, but 2 or 3 in the I need to talk area. She made a mental note of it, starting to speak before Keith opened the door, "Hey what's going on?"

"Hey honey, just coming for a quick visit," he said before turning to her students, "You guys got a pretty good teacher here yeah?"

The class nodded as Keith gently grabbed Kamryn's hand.

"Well, I've been dating your teacher for 6 years now. And I love her so incredibly much. More than she could ever know. So I've made a decision," he told them as he turned to Kamryn and got on one knee. "I love you so much and you have made my life so much better than I could ever imagine. So I was hoping to make you my wife. Kamryn Grace Halstead, Will you marry me?"

The class erupted into squeals and cheers as their teacher nodded and her boyfriend slipped the ring on her finger. Keith stood up and tightly hugged his now Fiancé while her students clapped and cheered.

"I love you so much," she beamed, giving him a quick kiss before wiping her tears.

"I love you too," he grinned, "I gotta get back out there,"

"Be safe,"

"I will,"

As soon as Keith was out of sight, Kamryn stared at her ring for a second before turning to her class. "Alright guys, let's move on,"

She let the class do some quiet work a little later on, pulling out her phone to text her mom and dad what had happened.

Later on that evening, she made sure to take a perfect picture of her ring and upload it to her Instagram before settling into bed with her new fiancé