43

As soon as Kamryn got home the next day, she got right in the shower and mentally prepared herself for her last date with Keith. At least for a while.

She dried and curled her hair, and put on a full face of makeup, which was extremely rare for her, before putting on a cute dress with a jean jacket over it.

"Kam! Keith's here!" Hailey called up the steps before opening the door

Keith came up to the door and came in as Hailey opened it for him, "she should be coming downstairs in a second,"

"Thanks Hailey. Is Jay here?"

"Yeah, kitchen," she nodded to the kitchen towards the back of the home.

Keith nodded and headed over to the kitchen where Jay was washing dishes.

"Hey Keith," Jay greeted, turning the water off and wiping his hands on a towel.

"Uh hi, sir,"

"What's up?" Jay asked, trying not to be intimidating as he actually didn't mind his daughter's boyfriend.

"I don't want to hurt Kam. And I know that she's really upset so I wanted to give her a promise ring. I wanted to make sure that was okay with you first," Keith spoke, hoping the man would think highly of him even asking.

"You've proven to both Hailey and I that you care about and respect our daughter. I'd be a little sad if you guys weren't staying together. Whatever you do, don't hurt her,"

"Of course," Keith nodded, "Thank you,"

Jay nodded before nodding towards the other room, "Go have a good night. Kamryn, home by 11, you have school tomorrow,"

"I know dad," she chuckled, rolling her eyes.

"Go," Hailey chuckled, letting the young couple out the front door.

Keith was a gentleman and opened the truck door for his girlfriend before getting in himself, and backing out of the driveway.

"He's good for her," Hailey smiled, watching the white truck leave their home.

"He is. Hate to admit it but I do like him," Jay chuckled.

——————

"Where are we going?" Kam asked as she looked at her boyfriend.

"I'm taking you to dinner and then on the river walk for a while," Keith smiled, holding Kamryn's hand as he drove.

Kamryn just smiled and nodded, waiting until they pulled into the parking lot of her favorite restaurant. They went in and got a table, sitting down and looking over the menu. That didn't take too long since both of them knew what they wanted.