23

Mama💕🚔: On my way, signing you out in 10 minutes. Dad is meeting us at Med.

Kamryn: Sounds good. See you soon.

Kamryn sighed and packed her backpack up, ready when the office would call her down to meet her mother.

As soon as she was permitted to leave class, she headed to the office and headed out to the Jeep with Hailey. Kamryn and Hailey were both quiet the entire way there, both hoping the family session would help Kamryn ease the anxiety.

Hailey parked next to Jay's matte gray truck, him still waiting for them and getting out as they pulled up.

"Hey K," he smiled, pulling her into a hug as soon as she got out.

"Hi dad," she smiled a little, before heading into the medical center with her parents.

They only waited a few minutes before Dr. Charles came to get Kamryn and have a few moments with her before they would all be in there. They talked over the fears she had, and why she thought she wasn't sleeping great. She'd never brought up the little nightmares to her parents because she didn't want them worrying about her.

After a while, they brought Hailey and Jay in with her. Both of them sat on either side of her, ready to figure out what was going on.

"So Kamryn. The nightmares. Start there," Dr. Charles said, both Hailey and Jay looking at their daughter.

"It's always the same thing, I'm at school and someone calls me down to the office. Voight's there and he just tells me something happened and he's sorry," she sighed, not looking at her parents. Hailey and Jay sighed and looked at each other, hating that their daughter was as scared as she was.

In that session, the family thought of new ways to cope and help Kamryn through everything.

——————

It was 1:30 in the morning when Hailey woke up to an empty bed. She got up and headed out of their bedroom, quietly opening Kamryn's bedroom door.

"We're not going anywhere K. You're okay. Mom and I are fine. Go back to sleep, I'll be right here," Jay whispered, holding Kamryn close while she sniffled. Another nightmare. Another waking up, thinking they were gone.

"I love you, daddy," Kamryn said, sniffling and still shaking a bit.

"I love you too Kamryn Grace." Jay sighed, watching Kamryn fight to stay awake but ultimately let the sleep take over.

Hailey smiled and went further into the room, getting between Kamryn and the wall her bed was up against.

"We're both right here baby," Hailey whispered, kissing Kamryn's cheek before she and Jay fell asleep.

——————

A few weeks passed by and the anxiety hadn't really lessened much. They were still going to therapy and trying everything to help their child through it.

"Hey K, can you come downstairs please?" Jay asked, Kamryn soon coming down the steps and into the living room.

"What's up?" She asked, sitting on the couch beside her parents.