27

"I've been lying," Kamryn admitted as soon as she calmed down. "I've been dating Keith. I didn't know how to tell you, so I just didn't. Please don't be mad,"

"Baby you're 16. We knew this was coming," Hailey chuckled, catching Kamryn completely off guard. "Now tell me what happened,"

"We were at the mall and crossing the parking lot and he saw the car coming at us. He pushed me and got hit," Kamryn explained, setting off a new round of tears.

"Okay. Okay. It's okay, it's gonna be fine," her mother sighed, pulling her back in. "We're gonna go get your truck and take you home, okay?"

Kamryn nodded, knowing her parents weren't going to have it any other way. So once the discharge papers were signed, the three of them piled into the Ram, stopping at the mall so Hailey could drive Kam's truck home.

Jay got home with Kamryn before Hailey, getting her set up on the couch for a little bit. She had a death grip on her phone before deciding to text Keith, even though she knew it was gonna be a long night.

——————

Kamryn: Hey, came clean to my parents. They were shockingly okay with it. I hope you're doing okay, I'm sorry 😢

——————

Kamryn sighed and tightly held her phone as she waited for a reply. She knew she'd probably be waiting until the morning so she allowed herself to doze off.

——————

Kamryn woke up in her bed, assuming Jay had carried her upstairs and set her there. She grabbed her phone off the nightstand and smiled as she saw the text notification come up.

——————

Keith: Wasn't your fault Kam! I pushed you, I got you out of the way. I'd rather be hurt more than watch you get hurt.

Kamryn: You're amazing ❤️🥺

——————

She sighed and got up, getting herself ready before she headed downstairs.

"Morning K,"

"Morning," she yawned, looking outside to see her truck. "When did that get there?"

"We stopped and got it on the way home yesterday. I think you dozed off," Jay told her before getting their things. "Be good today,"

"Dad I'm 16, not 4," she smiled, hugging him as he kissed the top of her head.

"You're still my little girl. Always will be. Love you,"

"Yeah, love you too" she grinned, hugging Hailey before they both headed out.

——————

Jay had gone to work but had to run an "errand" so he left a few minutes after dropping Hailey off.

He stopped at med and went in looking for Natalie or Will and ended up finding both.

"Where's this Keith's room?"

"Jay, don't go all crazy. She's 16." Natalie chuckled, watching the overprotective father come out in her brother-in-law.