32

"Guys we got it. The truck worked, GM gave us anything they had off her truck," Adam nodded, pulling up the video file.

It was pretty rough, and with a little glare in the glass but they saw the offenders smack Kamryn around before throwing her on the floor. It explained the bruises all over her face and made them all sick to their stomach. The next thing they saw was Jay's truck pulling up and both of the parents heading into the shop.

"Don't ever let Hailey see that," Jay told the whole team before grabbing his jacket. "And when you get them, I want to be here,"

No one bothered to argue with the man, knowing he was fuming as the gate slammed shut behind him.

——————

Jay walked back into the room, calmed down after the short drive, smiling softly at the sleeping forms in the bed. Hailey had soft piano music playing off her phone and was holding Kamryn's hand, helping her sleep beside her. Hailey had gotten her changed into a pair of her yoga pants and a CPD hoodie she'd stolen from her mom, bringing even more comfort. She was only on Tylenol and luckily it was taking care of her pain but wasn't stopping the nightmares that were sure to come.

Hailey woke up only 20 minutes after Jay returned, looking over at him, "do they have anything?"

"Not yet. They pulled the video off Kam's truck, so they have that. I don't know if they got anything else. How was she?" Jay asked, nodding over at their sleeping daughter.

"She's miserable. She slept and had a nightmare. Threw up twice, and doesn't want to eat because she doesn't want to puke again. Said her head was pounding, the bruising looks pretty awful, and she can't get comfortable to sleep. It took me getting in bed with her and more Tylenol to get her to pass out," Hailey sighed, looking down at her daughter.

"That's all normal Hail," Jay looked back at her, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees.

Hailey was about to speak when a knock sounded and Keith walked in. He didn't have crutches anymore but still had a brace on his knee and a slight limp.

"Hey Keith," Hailey smiled, carefully sitting up.

"Hey Mrs. Halstead," he smiled, taking a seat across from Jay.

"Hailey," she corrected, with a small grin.

"How is she?"

"Sore and sleepy, but I'm sure she'll be in a better mood when she sees you," Hailey answered, carefully sitting up.

"Did they find out who did it?" He asked, sitting in a chair by the bed.

"They're looking into it," Jay answered, looking over at the boy across from him. "Did she say anything else to you?"

"No. Just door, shattered and beat me. Other than that it was just crying and moaning," Keith told them, looking between the mother and father.

Hailey sighed, "as far as we know, all they have is what Kam can remember.  Which isn't much. She says all she remembers is counting money, and they somehow pulled the video off her truck,"

Keith solemnly nodded, hating that Kamryn was in the position she was in. "So if the video doesn't do anything, and she doesn't remember. Then what?"

"We have no case," Jay sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"But that won't happen," Hailey spoke up, reassuring both her husband and daughter's boyfriend that they'd get the offenders.

"Mama," Kam mumbled, not bothering to open her eyes.

"Yeah, baby?"

"Can I have an ice pack?" She asked, extremely quiet with eyes still shut.

"Yeah. Keith's here to see you," Hailey whispered, kissing her temple before getting off the bed and going to get some more ice.

Kamryn carefully and very slowly rolled over to face Keith, reaching her hand out for him. Jay got a call from Voight and had left the room thinking it could possibly be about the case.

"Hey you," Keith whispered, squeezing her hand as he looked at her bruises. "How you feeling?"

"Hurts,"

"I know it does. Your mom went to find ice," The teenage boy whispered, squeezing her hand again.

Before Kam could respond, Jay walked back in, gently kissing Kamryn's forehead. "I'll be back later okay? Get some sleep. I love you, Kam,"

"I love you too dad," she mumbled, looking up at him as he gave her one last forehead kiss.

Jay left and Keith stayed for a while, having dinner with Kam and Hailey before heading home.

Kamryn had asked to be able to take a shower but needed help so Hailey washed and conditioned her hair for her before helping her get back into a new pair of leggings and a sweatshirt.

"Back in bed, I got you some more ice. You just need some sleep,"

"Thanks, mama,"

"I love you so much honey," Hailey smiled, tucking her in before kissing her head and placing the ice on her head.

"Love you too," the teen mumbled before drifting off to sleep.