37

"I'll see you later kiddo," Jay told his daughter, who now had a little habit of coming and laying down on the couch in the morning.

"Bye dad," Kam smiled a little, as Jay kissed her head before heading out.

——————

"Oh we get Mr Halstead today!" Adam joked as Jay came up the steps. "How's the kid?"

"Better every day. She was already up and out of bed when Hail and I got up. Even started the coffee,"

"When's she heading back to school?" Kevin asked, looking up from his desk.

"As soon as her doctor signs off. But she's already almost caught up on her school stuff. She's just like her mother, needs something to do,"

"Hailey got something to do?" Kevin asked, knowing the woman couldn't sit still.

"Arrest packets. Pretty sure her and Kam have the coffee table covered in papers by now. If Kam isn't sleeping," he chuckled as his phone buzzed. Hailey was obviously sitting on the floor, with her laptop in front of her and Kam sound asleep behind it.

Hailey: She's up for 20 minutes and down for hours. No headache though 🙌🏻 Finally getting somewhere!

Jay: that's progress! When is her appointment?

Hailey: Next Tuesday at 4. Hopefully she'll be able to go to school.

Jay: Driving you crazy?

Hailey: Driving HER crazy. At least I have work to do.

Jay: so does she! And so do I, so I'll talk to you later.

Hailey: Did you leave your bullet magnet at home?

Jay: on the fridge.

Hailey chuckled and set her phone down, getting back to work as Kamryn slept the morning away.

——————

Kamryn was still sleeping when Jamie showed up to see the teen. Hailey opened the door, letting her coach in quietly.

"She's sound asleep but she's been out since this morning," Hailey whispered, going to wake the girl up, "Kam, time to get up honey. You have a visitor,"

"Mhm," Kamryn mumbled, rubbing her eyes as she sat up.

"Hey Kam," Jamie smiled, coming over as Kam stood up to give her a hug.

"Hey Jamie," Kamryn grinned, sitting back on the couch after the hug.

"How you feeling?"

"Headaches are slowly leaving me alone, so I'm getting there. Will I uh- can I-"

"You're still on the team," Jamie nodded, pulling the uniform out of her bag. "Here you go 21,"

"Thanks coach," the girl beamed, taking her uniform and neatly folding it on the coffee table.

"We have your spot safe. The rest of the team is ready for you,"