36

Kamryn slept all night, coming down in the morning slowly, sitting on the couch with her parents.

"How you feeling?" Hailey asked, throwing a blanket over the girl as she sat by her.

"Okay, I slept," Kam shrugged, laying down on the opposite side of the couch.

"You okay kid?" Jay asked, looking up from his phone. Kamryn just nodded in response, closing her eyes for another snooze.

——————

Hailey and Jay stayed home with their daughter for 3 days before one of them would be heading to work each day. Hailey had decided to go first but was getting anxious about leaving Kam at home.

"Promise you'll call me if anything happens?" Hailey asked, getting ready for work.

"Yes Hailey, she'll be fine," Jay reassured his wife again, "I have her, I promise,"

Hailey nodded, going up to Kam's room and looking in on her. Kamryn was sound asleep in her bed, under her usual mountain of blankets.

"I'll see you later, love you," she whispered, kissing her cheek before leaving their house.

——————

Hailey parked her car in a spot, checking her phone for anything before getting out. She wanted to go home but knew at least one of them needed to be at work.

She got upstairs and started the computer before Voight called her into the office.

"How's Kamryn?"

"Home with Jay. Sleeping when I left but she's home so," Hailey answered, leaning on the chair in front of her.

He nodded, "Good. Think she's ready to look at photos?"

"I can send them to Jay and see if she's up," she shrugged, looking at the file Voight had set down.

She called Jay's phone, putting it on speaker after she sent the photos to him.

"Hey,"

"Hey, is she awake?" Hailey asked, sitting down in the chair now.

"Yeah, she's right here," Jay nodded, putting an arm around Kamryn to get her attention.

"See if she can ID any of them?"

"One sec," he replied, turning to Kam, "do you recognize any of these guys?"

Kamryn swiped through the photos stopping on one as her breath hitched and pointed. "That one, he was the one I saw before he started bashing my head into the counter,"

"Okay. Okay," Jay told her, taking the phone, "4th picture,"

"Thanks. How is she?"

"Quiet, tired," he answered, getting up to get Kam another ice pack.

"Okay," Hailey sighed, "call me if you need me,"

"I will Hail. You know that,"

"I know. I know. I love you guys," the woman said as she left the office for coffee.

"We love you too," Jay replied before hanging up the phone.

Kamryn stayed on the couch, watching the TV while her father was on the phone.

"Alright kid, Miracle Season?" Jay asked, coming out with an ice pack, Tylenol, and a water bottle.

"I guess," she said as she sat up and accepted the pills and water, taking them before the ice pack.

"Alright, lay down K," he nodded, picking up the remote as Kamryn laid on the couch.

Kamryn sighed and snuggled up, with her pillow right against Jay's leg while he turned on the movie. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep between the medicine and Jay messing with her hair.

When Hailey came home hours later, Kamryn was still sound asleep in the same spot as well as her father, leaning on his arm.

"Hey, she ok-" she started to ask, but stopped when she saw the teen asleep. "Oh my god, that's so sweet," she smiled, her voice turning to a whisper. She fixed Kam's blanket and kissed her cheek, before going to shower and get changed.

When she came back downstairs she grabbed the now warm ice pack off Kamryn's head, replacing it with a frozen one.

——————

An hour or so later, Jay was up while Kamryn was still snoozing.

"Should we wake her up?" Jay asked, looking down at Kamryn, who hasn't moved one inch since she fell asleep.

"Probably or she won't sleep tonight," Hailey sighed, getting up and going to see what they had to make for dinner.

"Kam. Time to get up kid, you gotta wake up or you won't sleep tonight,"

"No dad," she mumbled, curling up more than she already was.

"Yep. You need to eat and it's almost time for more Tylenol,"

"Mmmm." Kamryn just groaned, pulling her blankets up further.

"Come on, don't be grumpy,"

"You're annoying is what you are,"

"I'm not annoying. I'm your dad," he chuckled, sitting her up. "That annoying you?"

"What is my face telling you?" She mumbled, scowling as Jay glanced at her.

"That you're my daughter and you love me,"

"Only when you let me sleep," Kamryn grumbled, laying her head back down on her pillow.

"Hail, little help?" Jay called over his shoulder to his wife.

"Don't look at me. She got that from you. No doubt that she's your kid," Hailey laughed, bringing the Tylenol bottle out with a bottle of water.

"Thanks, babe, appreciate it," he joked, sitting Kamryn up again. "Come one. Take your meds and we'll eat,"

"Eat what?" The teen asked as she threw the meds in her mouth, washing them down with a little water.

"Your favorite," Hailey smiled, putting the plate down in front of her.

"Thanks, mama," Kam smiled a bit, taking the plate and eating a few bites. Both Hailey and Jay noticed that she'd finished her plate, both happy to see her eat a full meal.

"Can we do something other than watch TV?"

"UNO?" Jay suggested, "or war?"

"I'll beat your ass in war," Kamryn smirked.

"Hey," Hailey warned, hating when Kamryn cursed.

"Sorry. I'll kick your butt," Kam corrected, while Jay got the cards. He separated them all and a whole game started. It was a pretty Low key night, but it was fun. Kamryn finally seemed to be feeling better and that was everything they needed.