Epilouge Part 4

—1 YEAR LATER—

The week of Christmas was coming quickly and Kam had decorated the apartment for their first Christmas as a married couple. She had one more present for her husband that she was planning on surprising Keith with his last day on shift before he'd taken a few days off. 

She knew he had to be at work by 6 AM but she slipped out of bed at 4:45, and drove to the district, meeting Trudy to set up the surprise.

"It's over here," Trudy nodded toward a police SUV that she was planning on giving Keith for the shift.

Kamryn nodded and smiled, setting her bag down before emptying all its contents. She had a little sign that she'd arranged the sign to say "Don't Worry Daddy! Backup is on the way! Baby Morrison, due July 2026" that she managed to stand on the push bar before hanging the little onesie that said, "Daddy's Little Deputy".

"Wait, this is the big surprise?" Trudy asked, reading the sign and the onesie, "You're pregnant?"

"I am. 8 weeks," She beamed, "And he has no clue,"

"Congratulations kid, you're gonna be a great mom,"

"Thanks, Trudy," She smiled again, hugging the woman who'd been around most of her life.

——————

6 AM rolled around and Keith had gotten his keys to the patrol car, walking out to the motor pool with his partner.

"What's on the car?" Shane asked, noticing everything on the front bumper.

"I have no clue," Keith said as they got closer and Kam came from around the corner, holding the ultrasound pictures. "Hey, what are you-...What?"

"Surprise!" Kamryn smiled, handing him the sign. "We're pregnant!"

"You are not!"

"I am!" She beamed, hugging her husband tightly, "You're gonna be a dad!"

"Kam!"

"I know!" She chuckled, kissing him as he lifted her off the ground.

Trudy had luckily been hidden and filmed the entire interaction so they'd have it forever.

——————

The next day was spent at Jay and Hailey's for Christmas Eve and Kamryn couldn't wait to give them the bonus gift.

"Okay. We have one more for both of you," Kam grinned as Keith grabbed the box, handing it to her parents.

Both Jay and Hailey opened the box to see 2 onesies that said, "Hi Nana" and "Hi papa",  a baby bottle, a few pacifiers, and a few ultrasound pictures.

"Are you really?" Hailey asked, glancing back at the onesie and then at her daughter.

Kamryn just nodded, smiling as both of her parents hugged her and Keith tightly.

"My little baby is having a baby," Hailey beamed, hugging her again.

"I'm just as shocked as you are mom,"