Epilogue part 5

—7 AND A HALF MONTHS LATER—

"I'm so tired of being pregnant," Kam mumbled as she got up and got her day started. She currently wasn't working as it was toward the end of July and the school was on summer break.

Keith was currently working the day shift since he wanted to be home at night in case his wife went into labor.

It was almost 7 and Keith had picked up a quick meal for them since he knew Kam wasn't up to cooking for both of them. Standing for long periods was really killing her feet, so he had been picking up dinner.

"Kam? Brought pizza!" Keith said as he locked the door to their apartment.

"Yes! I'm starving," Kam smiled, pushing herself off the couch before waddling to the kitchen. she smiled and immediately reached for the box that Keith quickly pulled back, "What?"

"You have to give the delivery boy a kiss before you get a piece," He smiled, setting the box down before he kissed his wife.

"Thank you for getting it," She grinned after breaking the kiss.

"Anything for you and baby. How was your day?" He asked, getting plates out of the cabinet for them to eat.

"Fine, just tired of waddling around with 20 extra pounds hanging off my body. And it's so hot, no matter what I do, i'm sweating," She groaned, "I need this thing out of me,"

"Did you ever think to maybe call your doctor? Maybe get induced?" Keith chuckled but understood how much his wife wanted to not only meet their child but let some of the added weight off.

"I'll call her in the morning. I'm done," she sighed, taking a bite of her pizza.

"I know you are," Keith nodded, kissing the top of her head before he sat down.

"How was your shift?"

"Fine, nothing big,"

"You always say that," She chuckled, "It's the answer I expect every day,"

"What would you rather hear?" He chuckled, not wanting to always tell her what actually happened throughout the day.

"My parents are both detectives babe," She laughed, "I grew up knowing they were shot at all day,"

"I know, I just don't want you to worry,"

"Babe, i'm gonna worry about you until I hear that vest coming off every day. That's not gonna change," She said before taking another bite.

"I know," He nodded, grabbing Kam's hand, "I always do my best to come home to you. Now more than ever, we got a little boy on the way,"

"It's definitely a girl," She smiled, "But we won't know for sure until baby Morrison makes his or her appearance,"

"Have we thought about names?"

"I have," She nodded.

"Alright, if it's a girl?" Keith asked, grabbing a notepad off the counter.

"If it's a girl, I like Sienna, Abigail, Alaina, Mackenzie, Ellie, or Maycee," Kam listed off as Keith wrote them down.

"And for a boy?"