Chapter 23-Flying

Calvin's POV!

I bang my fist on the door, fumbling with the handle. I don't know what happened. One moment Danny, Rose and the Doctor had stepped out, me returning to grab my jacket, when the TARDIS closed.

And by closed, I mean locked.

The doors bolted shut and no matter what I tried, nothing would open it. I've tried pressing a hundred buttons, one of which squirted ketchup on my shirt.

Nothing has worked.

The engines have finally stopped, but I can't see anything through the window. I don't know what to do. And I hate to admit it, but I'm scared.

I jump as the moniter squeals loudly, a hologram shivering into light. It stands in front of me, the Doctor grinning.

"Hello. I am the emergency protocol designed by, well, myself. The TARDIS has either been seperated from me by force, or has malfunctioned. I will guide you through getting back."

I hop to my feet, racing over the the engine table. "Uh, alright. Begin, I guess."

The 'Doctor' nods, the image cutting out for a second. He reappears on the other side, making me hurry to him. "You should see a green button right here."

I look down. There's a hundred of them.

"Uh... Yeah... But there-"

"Good. Press the button. Make sure not to press any of the other buttons, because it could lead to you being lost in space and time forever."

I lean on the railing, sighing. "This is going to take a while...."

* * * *

Danielle's POV!

We sit inside a dark cave, the Doctor fiddling with his screwdriver. "Oh come off it dad. Calvin is the only way we are getting out of here." Rose touches my hand gently, silencing me.

"Hush, Danny. He might be on to something." I roll my eyes at her optimism. "Yeah, obviously. I can tell by the way he has set three rocks on top of each other and talked to them."

The previously companion chuckles, glancing at me. "Trust me. The Doctor is amazing. I once saw him make a flying machine out of tape and paper."

I look at her, shaking my head. "Yeah, called a paper airplane."

Rose smiles, pulling her jacket tighter around her. "And? It still flew." I shove her playfully, grinning. "Funny."

The Doctor grunts in frustration, throwing a stick at the cave wall. "Useless piece of junk!" I wince as he yells in anger. "I knew it! I knew it! I saw the TARDIS. She was acting up and I didn't fix it."

I get to my feet, rubbing his shoulder. "It's going to be alright, Dad. You will figure something out. You always do."

The Doctor grimaces, turning to look at Rose. "Aye, perhaps. But there's always the chance we are stuck and have to rely on Calvin to save us...."

He clears his throat. "Or we'll have to save him if Bad Wolf happens..." She turns, staring at the entrance of the cave.

Crack.

I jump at the sound, turning towards the deeper part of the cave, the sound echoing around the walls.

"Dad, what was that?" I ask feebly, backing up slowly.

He turns on his sonic screwdriver, pointing it into the shadows. Light shine from it, falling on each crevice and formation. He shines it a little higher, his hand shaking as he sees the creature.

It looks almost like a bat, but much, much bigger. It stares at us, a low growling coming from it's stomach and chest. I back up, holding onto my father's hand.

"Run!" He yells, pulling Rose and I out of the hideaway. But the monster bat is faster. It swings down from it's nest, spreading it's wings. At almost fifty feet, it's wingspan is unlike any other.

It let's out a screech, swooping down to us. I feel a large claw wrap around my waist, lifting me from the ground. I scream, still holding my father's hand. "Dad!"

Rose is picked up in the other hand, the Doctor supported by only our arms. He laughs nervously, the animal flying higher into the air.