Chapter 43- Meekin

Wow.

I'm impressed with y'all.

I haven't posted a new chapter yet, and y'all got me 300 views since the last time I was on. ^-^ I could kiss you all.

Anyways, here it is.

Oh and shout of to bexlex212. They informed me that the "time bracelet" is really a vortex manipulator. So thank you, my friend.

Danielle's POV

I feel myself pulled through the darkness, my stomach dropping as the stranger holds me close. I don't think the bracelet he is using is supposed to bring more than one person at a time.

As the light returns, the air inside me is crushed for a second, causing me to cough and wheeze. Pasquale smirks, grabbing my wrist and pulling me through an alleyway.

"Come on. We have to show you to my father."

I shiver, rubbing my eyes on my shirt as I try to focus, the sky pitch black with stars hanging silently above. I follow the man as he brings us to the middle of town, streets filled with people dressed in rags. They glance at us, but don't dare look Pasquale in the eyes.

"Why are they afraid of you?" I ask feebly, the crowd parting and bowing as he moves past. He smirks, signaling to a man in a hat, his clothing better and cleaner than the rest of the men and women that surround us.

"Sir! You're here. Where have you been? You're father has been searching for you all today!" Pasquale waves a hand, silencing the man. "It doesn't matter. I have something new that he will enjoy."

Pasquale squints around the area, taking a strong breath in. "What are these people doing? I thought my father set a curfew for them to follow."

The man, whom I assume is an officer, shrugs, flinching at his menacing voice. "He did, but they still have a few minutes. They are trying to survive with the small portions that the chancellor provides. They are just trying to keep food on the table for thei-"

"Don't try to make me pity them, Sanders. I have no compassion for these dirty rats that fill my streets. If I had it my way they would be locked away, my own kind the only ones allowed out in public."

Sanders turns his head to the ground, not willing to risk another word.

"I have to be going now. Make sure all of these little people make it home before me... Or it will be on your head."

Pasquale hurries me off, my eyes tracking each turn we make, the steps from each street. "You're wondering why I brought you here?" He says, his fingers still tight around my wrist.

I shake my head, having to jog to keep up with the tall man's strides. "No. I'm just trying to figure a way out."

He laughs, pointing towards a building that looks twenty times the width of the Empire state building, twice as wide. "That, my dear Time Lady, is my home. I have yet to see one person who has the means or guts to even think of breaking in."

I smile away the fear that builds inside my chest. "The Doctor will save me."

As we arrive at the entrance of the building, servants hurry out, holding things for Pasquale to look at. They stay silent, staying out of his way as he continues with me in hand.

A man dressed in fine clothing appears on the steps, a grin covering his face. He raises his arms in welcome, accessories of gold clinking together. "Ah! My son! You have been gone for a while!" Pasquale nods his greeting, gesturing to a group of guards that stand watch.

"I brought you a Time Lady." He says to his father, glancing at me.

The man looks at Pasquale in surprise, a grin appearing on his lips. "A Time Lady?" A look passes between them before the older man turns to address me. "I'm William, chancellor of Meekin. You may refer to me as sir. Do you have a name, my young girl?"

I clear my throat, three guards taking my arms and holding them behind my back. "Danielle. Why am I really here?"

Pasquale looks at me in confusion, but William's face stays still, neutral. "I told you. You're out tro-"

"No, I'm not. You only said that because you wanted my father to pay attention."

I watch them stare at me, the chancellor finally letting out a chuckle. "Oh, she's good, isn't she? How did you figure out that, my dear?"

I shake my head, gesturing with a nod of my head. "You two don't seem the type of people to keep pets. Not with the way your village is. You don't have to show off your power, they already fear you. There's no reason for you two to travel around collecting people."

William and Pasquale nod to the guards, who promptly bring me up the cement steps, leading me inside. "You're right," William admits as the door is opened for us.

"You're not the prize. You're just the bait."

So, I feel like this wasn't really my style of chapter (or writing) but writer's block has hit me hard once again. xD I've deleted pages and pages of the novel I'm working on to the side, and it's getting close to school so I've been stressed....

Yes, stressed. I'm starting high school. ;__;

Anyways, hope y'all enjoyed! ^-^

But trust me, the next chapter will include action and the Doctor and River Song...

And a lost friend. ^-^.