Chapter 55- The Time Lady

Heeeeeey! Have y'all checked out my new story? The Captain's Fugitive? I hope y'all enjoy it! Can't wait to continue the story!

Anyways, this next chapter, (as you can tell by the gif, which should be there) it's gonna be sad. Y'all just let me know what you think.

Love y'all bunches!

Calvin's POV

I watch in pure horror as Danny turns, the Lithoran grabbing her neck. "Danielle!" I scream, beginning to race towards her.

But the monster's kin step in front of me, hissing, their claws raised threateningly. The Doctor points his sonic screwdriver towards them, a high pitch squeal causing them to cover their ears, dropping to their knees in agony.

I turn quickly, but the Lithoran still advances with Danielle in hand, pushing her against the wall. "Please," she whispers, my heart aching. "Danny," I run past the Doctor, watching as the Lithoran squeezes her neck, dragging his claws across her face, her chest, her stomach.

She screams.

She screams.

She screams.

My knees crumple at the sound, pure agony etched on her face as blood drips from her wounds, the Lithoran purring happily. Danielle struggles against him, her hands pounding loosely against the tall figure, her skin slowly fading into a dull pale.

"Hey!" River steps forward, a handgun raised quickly as the Lithoran turns. "Get away from my daughter!"

The bullet rings out, hitting the alien in the forehead, its body immediately dropping to the ground.

Dead.

I race to Danielle's side, her hands covering her stomach in an attempt to staunch the blood. "Hey, hey." I whisper, holding her head in one hand, and trying to get a look at the wounds with the other. "Let me see, Danny. Come on."

She squeals in pain, hot tears running down her face. "Calvin," she whispers, coughing heavily, her hands still on her sides. "It hurts."

Danielle's POV

Calvin sobs, shaking shaking head as he stares down at me. "I know, I know. Let me help you, Danny. Move your hands!" I cry silently, pain, no, lightning striking through my body. I feel warm blood trailing down me, but I can't stop it.

I can't stop it.

"Danielle, please. Please!" His sobs cause me to finally allow him to move my fingers aside, dark red blood staining his pants as he hold me in his arms.

He turns away at the sight, his face paling. But he turns back, his hand lifting me closer to him. "It's alright," he whispers, moving hair from my face, sweat and tears mingling on my skin. "It's alright. I'm going to fix this. Okay? I am going to fix you."

I sob, shaking my head at him, touching his cheek gently.

"Calvin?"

He slowly meets my eyes.

The pain has stopped.

"I love you."

Calvin's POV

I feel her go limp, the blaring of alarms, the flashing of lights nothing compared to my heart, my mind. The Doctor and River Song stand over me, the high pitched whistle still keeping the Lithorans at bay.

"They killed her," I breathe, the tears not coming.

"Calvin, we need to go."

I stand up, cradling Danielle's frail form in my arms. She's light.

"They killed her!" I yell, anger flooding through me. The Doctor nods, silent tears on his cheeks. "I know, I know. But they will pay for it here. We need to get out of here."

I nod a few times, Melody helping the young woman Danielle died for to the TARDIS. "Calvin, let's go." The Doctor pulls me with him, the door held open for me as I numbly walk inside. I set her on the ground, touching her face gently, closing her eyes.

"She will regenerate."

The Doctor looks up at my statement.

I meet his stare. "She has to. She's a Time Lady, just like River, just like you."

The father frowns, leaning heavily against the control panel. He breathes deeply, before screaming, hitting the railing with force I didn't know he had.

I watch him pound against the metal, his sobs loud in my ears. "Not her!" he yells. "Not her!"

I look down, Danielle still.

"I was supposed to protect her. I'm her father." He slumps next to me, crying. "I'm her father." He puts a hand on my shoulder, shaking his head.

"Doctor... She isn't going to regenerate, is she?"

"She saved you, Calvin, when you were attacked by the lions in Rome. I'm not sure how she did that. I'm not sure she has anything left to save herself."

He meets my stare. "She's gone."