Chapter 51- A New Star

Sorry. It's been a week. Been busy with starting HIGH SCHOOL and my teachers have already given homework on the first and second days.... -.- Ugh

Plus, we've been running 4-5 miles per day in cross country and I have to walk up and down stairs to get to my classes. SO. TIRED.

Anyways, like I've said before I'll updated every weekend and once and a while on weekdays, we'll just see how much homework I get (cause I'm doing UIL, ACADEC, Cross country, and science fair all at the same time and trying to juggle it with the normal classes too...)

Here's the next chapter my dearies

Danielle's POV

I glance around the edge of the room, the Doctor bending over a table as he works on something. I hide my laughter, sneaking up behind him and shouting as loudly as possible, "Boo!"

He jumps, dropping a wrench.

"Danny! You scared me half to death!"

I laugh, handing him his tool back. "Sorry," I stand next to him, his arm wrapping around my shoulders. "What are you working on?"

He shrugs, looking to his side as River joins us, her curly hair falling in waves down her shoulders and back. "Just an old project."

I look at the metal robot on the table, it's characteristics much like that of a dog. I smile, running a hand over the letters, "K-9"

"It's cute. Does it work?"

Before he can respond, it's head raises, swivelling from me to the Doctor. "Hello master! I've missed you!"

"You did!?" The Doctor yells, his grin wider than it has been in a while.

"Affirmative."

I smile at the mechanical dog, it's silver exterior shining in the dim light. River moves forward, observing the small robot. "What's it's name?"

"I am K-9! You are a confusing woman. Are you time lady, or human?" She raises an eyebrow, but before she can respond, K-9 turns to me, his eyes lighting up as he speaks. "You are a Time Lady! Same as your father!"

I smile brightly, leaning over to level my face with his. "How did you know the Doctor is my father?" K-9 pauses, "I-I- Learnt a lot of-of thin-things!"

The Doctor steps forward, his sonic buzzing as he runs it over K-9. "Hmm, some wires must be a bit spotty. I'll see if I can fix that later. For now, join us K-9. We can go somewhere exciting!"

"Affirmative!"

I follow K-9 and my father through the doors and onto the main deck, River Song trailing behind me, her hand on my shoulder. "Boys do love their dogs, don't they?" I smile at her, taking her hand as we join the Doctor and Calvin, who asks my father a few questions about K-9.

Melody squeezes my hand, straightening herself and clearing her throat. "Sweetie!"

The Doctor promptly looks up and to attention, a stifled giggle heard from both Calvin and me. "How about someplace romantic? Frankly, I haven't been to Paris in centuries and am dying to see their sights. I'm sure Calvin and Danny would enjoy it too."

The Doctor smiles, flashing me a wink as he walks to us and plants a kiss on Melody's cheek. "Anything for you, m'dear. But I have someplace better!"

He twists a few knobs and the TARDIS jolts, Calvin catching my arm before I fall. He smiles, helping me to regain my balance. "Well, go on! Take a look!"

River walks to the door, Calvin and I close behind. We slip outside the door, the Doctor's eyes turning to the darkened sky above us. His eyebrows pull together, a look of confusion crossing his face.

"That's impossible." He whispers.

"What's wrong?"

"That star isn't supposed to be there."

He points to a glistening light in the black void, all of us turning and craning our heads to look. He chuckles and shakes his head. "Actually, I bet there's quite a few other things that aren't supposed to be there.

"Well," my mother pokes him playfully. "I bet that will be a better adventure."

"You said you wanted romantic!"

"I changed my mind! Get in the TARDIS!" She ushers us inside and hurries to the engine, flipping a few switches. "Here we go!"