Chapter 47- The Doctor vs. Pasquale

Three chapters in one day? Could this be possible?

Yes, yes it is.

Danielle's POV

I stare at Calvin, a smile coming onto my face. He's alive. I watch as the guards turn to them, each one shot by my mother. But they aren't killed, just small darts hitting them and sending them to the floor.

The Doctor moves quickly, tackling Pasquale and holding him to the ground. River hurries to William, grabbing his arms and forcing him down the short flight of stairs. He falls to the floor as she shoots him.

"Hey, you alright?" Calvin stands next to me, taking the handcuffs from my wrists. I immediately punch him in the shoulder. "I thought you were dead!" He rubs his arm gently, staring at me in surprise. "So I save you and I get hi-"

I stop him in the middle of his sentence as I grab the front of his shirt and pull him in for a kiss, his lips smiling against mine. "Actually, I'm fine with that."

I look over his shoulder as Richard steps towards us, the Doctor hauling Pasquale to his feet.

"Kill me already, Doctor! I know you want to rid my species from this universe! Just do it already!" I watch the Doctor grimace, but he drops the man's arm, allowing them to face each other. "No. But you are going to tell Danny what really happened. I didn't kill your family. You are looking for someone to blame because of your guilt!"

Pasquale glares, but doesn't talk back. "I fought against you! i liberated a planet from your cruel ruling! You burned your own house down to kill me, but you didn't care that your family was inside! I saved all that I could, Pasquale! You can't blame me!"

I watch my father as he yells at the man before him, his face mixed with anger and compassion and sorrow. "I couldn't change the past. I'm sorry for your loss, but your reign is over."

He turns and looks to me, smiling a little as he walks over. Before he can speak, I say, "It's not your fault, dad. I know." I hug him, kissing his cheek.

"Ahem!"

I turn, Richard standing beside me. "Danielle, I, uh, I'm sorry if I wasn't always there when-"

I grab him too, holding him close. "I've missed you, dad."

He chuckles, running a hand over my hair. "I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye. The Doctor has shown me so many wonderful things, but I can't ever forget you." I hear him sigh.

Doctor's POV

I watch as Danny holds Richard close, whispered words exchanged. I turn slightly, a fist colliding with my nose.

"Doctor!" River yells, stepping forward as Pasquale hits me.

Everyone turns as he circles around me, his hands held tight to his chest. Melody raises her gun, but I hold up a hand, stopping her. "No, I can handle this."

The man chuckles, moving towards me as we circle each other. "Oh, you're not as much as a coward as you were, Doctor." I duck as he throws a hit towards me.

He shoves me back, my feet stumbling over something. I fall to the ground, Pasquale kicking me in my side. I cough painfully, his foot hitting me over and over.

"Dad!" I hear Danny yell and for a moment, time stands still. I breath, blinking heavily as I regain myself. I push myself up, hitting him in the nose. "No one takes my family..."

I kick him in the legs, letting him fall to the floor. I grab the ends of his shirt. "And gets away with it!" I slam his head against the ground, watching as his eyes close, sending him into unconsciousness.

Danny, Calvin, Richard, and Melody all watch, a smile on my wife's face. We all turn to the doors opening, a large group of staff entering. I nod to them, gesturing to their rulers who lie on the ground. "I'll leave them to you."

I beckon to my family (yes, he even means Richard) and they follow me out towards the TARDIS. Danielle loops her arm around mine. "I'm glad you always rescue me."

I grin, winking at her. "I'll always be here for you, my dear."

And with that we return to the TARDIS, the entire village inching closer to their rulers, coming together for their fate.