Chapter 17 : Movements

Because in the end, nothing will change the fact that all of you are nothing but defects…"

Most of the students widened their eyes at what their homeroom teacher Chabashira just announced.  Some students who realised the meaning of her words, looked down in shame while some were still ignorant of her words, started panicking to themselves. Ayanokouji sighed to himself seeing their reaction and sat down quietly in his seat, observing his friend to check her reaction.

Unlike the other students, Horikita didn't seem that fazed about being called a 'defective' . She let out a small 'tch' filled with frustration and continued writing something on her notebook. While writing as she felt the brown haired boy's gaze upon her, she gave him a small look of enquiry. 

"Is something wrong?"

Ayanokouji lightly shook his head at her words before looking towards their teacher.

"Nothing…It just feels like you are not surprised or offended by having the teacher call us defects."

"....oh that."

Horikita let out a small sigh before tucking a small strand of her hair over her ears.

"I know my own weakness and that's why I'm trying to overcome it, so I'm not surprised of getting the title of defect…. But if I may ask, why are you in Class-D then? Colour me surprised… From my point of view… you are incredible ..What's the big weakness of yours that overshadows all of your abilities?"

Horikita slightly leaned towards the brown haired boy with narrowed, sceptical eyes causing him to sigh in annoyance…

'I see…. So this is the disadvantage of getting too close to someone…'

"It's a personal matter,Horikita. I don't want to discuss it. I hope you understand my request."

Hearing his rejection though, Horikita had no change of expression as she gave him a small nod before returning back to her seat.

"My apologies Ayanokouji-kun. Curiosity overtook my sense of rationalism."

Not wanting to continue the conversation, Ayanokouji gave her a nod and looked back towards their homeroom teacher, who was enjoying grilling her dear defective students a lot. 

"However, I have to say, this year's Class D was the first to ever spend all of their points in a single month. I am impressed by how much you indulge yourselves. Wonderful, just wonderful."

She let out a small laugh while clapping her hands in praise.. Her laugh echoed throughout the walls of the room causing the "honour" students to click their tongue in frustration.

"So, does that mean that once we reach zero points, we'll always stay there?"

"Yes. You will remain at zero until you graduate. But don't worry, you can still have a room in the dorms and free meals. You won't die."