The Day After Christmas (Part Two)

*Please forgive any typos or spacing errors. My Wattpad is acting up today🤨
———————————-

Once breakfast was over, Raj gathered everyone in the living room.

"I want you all to follow me to my study, I have something to show you all." He said.

"What in the world did you and Raj talk about?" Frank whispered.

"We did more crying than talking, but I'm going to talk to Uncle Hakeem. I'm pretty sure we'll be back in New York in a few weeks." I said.

Frank just smiled.

"Good. Tell him he can stay at the Holiday Inn with me."

I started laughing.

"You know Uncle Hakeem ain't staying with you. If anything, you and Ms. Odessa will be staying in a suite at the Ritz. I want us to all be in the same hotel." I told Frank.

Letting the children enter Raj's study first so they could sit, all the adults remained standing as Raj leaned back on the front edge of his desk.

"Many years ago on my 21st birthday, my father had a portrait taken of me. My mother handmade me two outfits, and Jeanette's Uncle, who has since transitioned, gifted me with the most immaculate set of jewels. What made my 21st birthday so special is that it was the day I was finally crowned the official Jewelry Craftsman for the Abdul-Rahman family. That is the day my father was able to retire and live out his golden years free of worry." Raj began.

"Do you still have the jewels Grandpa?" One of Raj's grandchildren asked.

"I do and I want to show them to you." Raj said.

Opening a huge jewelry case that was sitting on the side of his desk, the diamonds and emeralds sparkled. All of the children oohed and awed, and even Prince's eyes were enlarged at the sight. I had seen them many times before, but seeing the look on the faces of everyone else, made me smile.

"A few days ago, Ms. Jeanette gifted me with something even more special than this. It's so special that I haven't even shown Mother Fatima yet because I wanted her to be surprised along with the rest of you. Jeanette come up here with me." Raj gestured.

I didn't want to be put front and center, but I wasn't about to ruin the moment for Raj. One of his staff members was recording and another was taking pictures. Fatima was looking a bit confused, yet excited.

"This gift is the most precious gift I've gotten from the Abdul-Rahman family since your uncle gifted me with those set of jewels. Our fathers, along with their descendants, have made sure that our families will forever be intertwined. We are a part of a great lineage, and I want you to all remember that, okay?" Raj said to the children.

"Okay!" They yelled back.

"This angel, took that faded picture of me that I took decades ago, and renewed it in a way that will last forever. I thank you my Queen and I love you for all eternity." Raj kissed my cheek.

"I love you too Queen Jeanette." One of Raj's granddaughters yelled out.

I blushed as everyone laughed and awed at her high pitch.

"Will you help me do the honors?" Raj asked.

"I don't think I have a choice." I joked.

"Take this string, and I'll take the other one." Raj instructed.

We counted to three and pulled the string so the fabric would fall to reveal the portrait I had given him a few days ago.

"Oh my goodness! Raj, this is beautiful. I remember this picture." Fatima held her hand over her mouth.