Lenny's After Party (Part Two)

**Please excuse any typos

As the limo pulled up to the back entrance of the club,  it was something in me that wanted to turn around.  Leaving Jeanette at the hotel like she that made me feel uneasy.  

How could I turn over a new leaf if I continued doing the same thing?

"You ready boss?"  Gerard asked, interrupting my thought.

"Lenny definitely is." Kirk stated.

Lenny was standing at the back entrance with security, and he was looking a bit nervous.

Nodding my head to let both Kirk and Gerard know that I  was indeed ready, Gerard got out to open my limo door.  As soon as I exited the limo, Lenny briskly walked over looking into the limousine.

"Where's your lady?"  He nervously asked.

"Back at the hotel, why?"

"Man, both of your ex-wives and an ex-girlfriend are here.  They're all asking me for you, so thank God Ms. Devareaux ain't with ya."  Lenny exhaled.

"Is that why you're puffing on that funny cigarette?"  I asked.

Lenny took a pull of his marijuana filled joint.

"Brother I had to calm my nerves because I'm wondering, which ex do you want me to have escorted out of here?"  Lenny alluded.

Now  I really wanted to go back and get Jeanette.  In such a short period of  time she had become someone who I wanted by my side, but I thought that just maybe she didn't  possess the sophisticated maturity that I really needed in a woman.  However, I  loved her and I couldn't see living my life without her.  There were some areas in my life though she couldn't be a part of due to her  lack of self control, and that saddened me a bit.

"So who should I have escorted out?"  Lenny asked.

"They  can all stay but photographs are a no-no tonight.  I don't want to have  to explain anything to anyone.  Oh, and who's the  ex-girlfriend?"

"Desray"  Lenny smirked.

"Desray?"  My brows raised.

"Desray."  Lenny repeated.

Desray  was a South African beauty I met at The Crazy Horse cabaret in Paris  right after my separation from Mayte, but before I married Manuela.  She  was a premier dancer at the cabaret, and after seeing her dance to one  of my songs, we began a romance that ended on good terms.  It was a two  year fling I'd never forget, but the last time I checked on her, she was  married with a daughter.  My memories of her were fond ones, but this  was the last place I thought she'd be.

"Damn, is New York the new holiday hot spot?"  I asked.

"Man  it must be.  I come here every year, but this is the first year I've  seen this many celebs. I guess everyone will be going to St. Barth's for  New Year's."  He said.

"Well thank God if they do. Is there anything else I should know?"

"Yes.   Being that the club is small and intimate, your section is only one  section away from Manuela and Eric.  Mayte of course is sitting with them, so if you want to quickly perform and leave, I'll understand."   Lenny explained.

"Where will you be sitting?"  I asked.

"In your section!  Hell, I wanna be close to Prince too."  Lenny laughed.

All I could do was chuckle.

"C'mon man let's go in."  I said to Lenny.

As Lenny walked in, I turned to Kirk.