Christmas Eve Part 3 (Your Tears Are Meaningless)

Strolling into the hotel suite, it was still a bit quiet as Prince and I made it to our room.

"Take your clothes off, so we can love on each other until it's time for breakfast." Prince said, ever so sexy.

"Let me find out that diamond shopping turns you on." I giggled.

"You turn me on, and loving on you is all I think about these days." He looked into my eyes.

With my diamond and gem filled purse still on my shoulder, I wrapped my arms around Prince's neck and gave him a deep kiss.

"I love how you love me, and I'm—"

My thoughts were immediately interrupted by the sweetest melody.

"Is that Preston?" Prince eyes sparked.

"Yes, but he only plays like that at home when he doesn't know where I am.  He would never play that melody outside of the confines of his music room."  My brows furrowed.

Knowing something was off, I briskly walked out of our room, in the direction that the music was coming from.  With Prince on my heels, I stopped in my tracks as I turned the corner looking at the sight before me:

Kirk was sitting at the piano and Preston was standing on a nearby ottoman with a chopstick in his hand, as if he was a conductor.  Upon seeing me, Preston smiled.

"See Mr. Kirk, I told you she'd come out."  Preston said.

I immediately gave him a stern look.

"What are you doing?"  I squinted.

"Mr. Kirk asked me to teach him the piano!"  Preston exclaimed.

"You can play the piano?" I asked Kirk.

"Yes I can, and now with this maestro as my teacher, I'll play even better."  Kirk said.

I noticed Prince eyes zoomed in on Kirk, and the energy he was sending Kirk's way was full of hostility.

"Mr. Kirk is going to teach me how to play the drums, if I teach him how to play the piano a libble better."  Preston mispronounced.

"I don't think so."  I gave Preston a knowing glare.

"But I wanna learn to play the drums.  It's no fair."  He pouted.

Prince and Kirk looked at me, trying to figure out what was going on.

"You and I have a deal and you clearly didn't tell Mr. Kirk about it, but I will."

"You no need to tell him, you're just being mean!" Preston loudly stated, as he rushed toward Prince.

Before he could reach Prince however, I quickly snatched Preston up myself.

"Don't yell at me and run to Mr. P. to save you; I'll spank your little bum-bum. Two instruments a year is what we agreed to focus on...TWO!   Now you're still perfecting the piano as you're learning the guitar, so that's your two instruments until next year.   I've even agreed that you could now start to try a bit of songwriting, but no drums!  Besides, you're not allowed to give people lessons anyway.  Raise your voice at me again, and you can be sure that I'll twist those lips!"  I strictly said.

"You don't know what it's like to be bifted."  Preston defiantly said.

"I know exactly what it's like to be gifted!  It's why I put rules in place for you, because if I don't, you can burn yourself out."

"I have beats to get out of my head and I need to learn—"

"This is not up for discussion! I said you won't be learning to play the drums right now.  Don't test me." I gritted through my teeth.