The Favelas Part 2 (Now or Never)

***Please forgive any typos

Nasir and I were playing a game of Spades against Kirk and Gerard while  waiting on Jeanette to return.  There were people still dancing in the  streets and I really wanted to go outside, but Nasir wanted to be in  close proximity to get to Jeanette, just in case he was needed.

"Man, we should end this game and mingle."  Kirk said.

"Go ahead, but Prince and I will be here."  Nasir stated.

"Prince  don't have to stay with you. Jeanette is outside, it's not like  you can get to her in lightning time if she called you anyway."  Kirk  arched his brow.

Nasir chuckled.

"If  she summons me, I could get to her quicker than lightning.  Also, she  instructed me to stay with Prince, and seeing how slack you are, I  understand why.  Now run me that book!"  Nasir said, slapping down a  spade.

Gerard looked at Kirk.

"Man could you stay focused?  They kicking our ass right now!" He said in frustration.

"What do you mean slack?"  Kirk asked Nasir.

"Slack,  defined as a spell of inactivity or laziness; you know, to slack off and not be focused?  That's what I mean."  Nasir returned Kirk's gaze.

"Are you saying that I'm not good at being Prince's security?"  Kirk seriously asked.

"I know you're not...if the Empress told me to stay with Prince."  Nasir answered unfazed.

"Man, you better let them know I'm the best security you got."  Kirk said to me, as if he was trying to boost his ego.

I remained silent as Gerard dealt the cards. The awkward non-response must have made Kirk feel some type of way.

"Did she tell you that she doesn't think I'm good security, or are you assuming that?"  Kirk asked.

Nasir laughed, as Gerard and I chuckled.

"Kirk, let it go."  Gerard said.

"Naw, I wanna know!"  Kirk said.

"Listen  brother, you're good at what you know.  However, there's so much you don't know, and more that you can learn.  Therefore, it doesn't make you a  bad bodyguard per se, but your way of thinking is stopping you from  elevating.  You've become too complacent in your skill set and that's not good."  Nasir kindly informed him.

"And you can do better?"  Kirk asked.

"It's  not about me doing better, because I'm not Prince's security.  It's  about you doing better. Be more open minded like Gerard here; he's  looking, learning, asking questions; what about you?  All you do is tell  us about these protocols that makes no sense. You should ask Hakeem to  give you some pointers."  Nasir said.

Kirk sucked his teeth, which made Gerard and I laugh.

"What?"  Nasir asked in bewilderment.

"Hakeem can't stand his ass!"  Gerard cackled.

"He tried to kill me man."  Kirk said.

"Hakeem?!"  Nasir brows kneaded.

"Yes, Hakeem!  You know he don't like me, isn't that's the reason you're here?"  Kirk asked.

"We're here because Israfil couldn't be fully trusted to come.  I know  Hakeem also didn't think you could handle dealing with the Empress while  in Brazil, but I had no idea that he didn't like you.  In that case, forget  everything I just said."  Nasir stated, as he focused on the cards in  his hands.