The Favelas

***Please forgive any typos.

"How did all of these people know we were here?"  Preston said.

"Somebody told somebody, and they told somebody else."  Prince said.

We  were in the tiny boutique and a very small crowd had emerged.  The  sales people were putting black paper on the windows to shield Prince  from the onlookers.  There was even a larger crowd outside, but the  police and their barricades were keeping them at bay. 

The smaller crowd  seemed to be other shop owners and people who lived in the apartments  above the shops.

"Man, this is a piece of cake in comparison to what we normally go through."  Gerard said to Kirk.

"Yeah, I guess you guys really do know crowd control."  Kirk said to Ahmed.

"Undercover  officers are waiting outback to escort us to the favela.  That crowd  will be a little different because many of the residents there know her,  and are going to want to speak to her."  Ahmed said.

"And once they see Prince?"  Kirk asked.

"It's  going to turn into one big celebration. They're probably going to want  to dance and take pictures with him.  Being that he's with Baby Doll,  they're going to show a little more restraint because they know she's a Priestess, but some of them aren't going to care.  Don't worry though, I  already have guys there waiting on our arrival.  As of right now, the  favela isn't too crowded.  Everything's going to go smoothly."  Ahmed  assured.

I glanced at Kirk and could tell that he wasn't so sure, but oh well.  He wasn't running this show.

"You like it Michelle?"  I asked.

"Yes ma'am!"  She twirled in her outfit.

"It's looks really good."  Miriam said.

"Okay, take it off and change back into your clothes.  I'll look for some accessories."  I said.

While  Miriam helped Michelle, Prince was showing Preston the difference  between white and off-white, as well as fabric quality.  I couldn't help but smile.

"Y'all already have white outfits?"  I asked Nasir and Ahmed.

"I brought my white outfit as soon as Hakeem told us to come to Rio.  I knew what was up."  Nasir said.

"I packed mine as well.  Tomorrow night is going to be nice."  Ahmed said.

"I'm  sorry that you guys won't be spending New Year's Eve with your  families, but I am glad that I get to have you here with me.  Y'all  being here brings back the sweetest memories for me, so 'Thank you'."  I  said.

Smiling at me, they both nodded.

"You're welcome.  I know it's bittersweet, but Preston looks just like your brother.  It's crazy to me."  Nasir stated.

"I know; it's like my brother returned to me as my son.  He even has some of his quirky mannerisms."  I shared.

Ahmed cleared his throat and whispered.

"How did you actually meet Prince?"  He asked.

"Chile, he's Preston's music teacher."  I whispered back.

"Damn, I thought Israfil was lying about him being a teacher. He said you guys are in love."  Nasir said.

"I know Israfil ain't telling my business!"  I gritted.

"Hakeem  didn't tell you?  Israfil is letting everyone in our circle know that  he and Prince are really good friends.  He even said that Prince comes  to him for advice about dealing with you."  Ahmed laughed.