Chapter One

"Drawing again" her mother spoke from the kitchen as she was preparing breakfast. A sigh escaped her daughters lips as she said "Look if you're going to make fun of me the way Lena does..." she then looked at her mother and continued "...Then please don't."

"Yeah because your obsession of the same three wolves isn't weird at all." Her little sister Lena said as she walked into the room hearing the end of their conversation. Serena then threw a couch pillow at her as a response. "Why is it always the same three anyways?" She asked as she dodged the pillow.

"Honestly?" Serena began as she looked back at her drawing "I don't know. But when I draw them I feel protected, like nothing can hurt me." She finished saying as her mother looked at her worriedly.

Her sister then noticed a new drawing that consisted of three people one dark skinned man and two others, light skinned, that seemed rather close, a couple maybe. They all had red eyes and were barefoot, it wasn't of wolves, she picked it up and asked "But this one's new. Isn't it? I haven't seen this one before, who are they?" There was curiosity in her tone of voice as she asked her sister.

"I don't know but when I draw them I feel something completely different from when I draw the wolves." She said and was going to continue but was interrupted by her mother asking "What do you feel?" She said in a more serious tone which caught both sisters off guard. They both looked at each other before Serena continued "Um... okay well I know this is gonna sound weird." She started unsure of how to find the proper words to describe the feeling. "...But I feel dead and scared, like I need to hide. I feel empty but when I look into their eyes..." she then looked at the picture and into their eyes and continued "... it's like I can feel their hunger, their ferocious need to cause chaos and at the same time it feels like I've seen their eyes before." Her mother then looked at the picture with worrisome laced in her eyes. "Well, it's getting late and you two need to get to school." She finally spoke after her long pause.

And with that they both got up and headed for the door to go to school. As she was driving dropping off her sister first, her sister finally spoke "Have you heard anything from him yet?" She asked as she looked at her older sister with curiosity "No, I haven't, not since Bella came back" she said as her hands tightened around the steering wheel. "Do you think you will? Or see him at school at least?" Before her sister continued to ask anymore questions about him she sighed heavily "Look..." she said seriously "I don't know if I'll ever hear from him again okay? When Bella's around he has a one track mind. Friend or not it doesn't matter." "What about Paul? Have you heard from him?" Her sister pestered more "Lena drop it okay!" She yelled without meaning to " I haven't heard from either of them alright! Paul... he broke it off because he said he needed to keep me... keep us safe. Whatever the hell that was supposed to mean. And last I heard he dropped out of school so no I won't be seeing him either." She finished as she pulled up to her sisters school but when she looked at her she noticed her sisters head hung low and realized what she'd done "Lena I'm..." but before she could finish her sister opened the car door and got out quickly and slammed the door. She sighed and finished "sorry... way to go Serena. Winning big sister of the year already." She said as she drove off to her school and failed to notice the grey wolf that watched the scene unfold before him.

When she got to school she was greet by Embry and Quil. "Hey" Quil said flirtatiously as he swung his arm around her shoulder as Embry then swung his arm around her shoulder as well and greeted her as well. "Hey guys" she said as they all walked to her locker.

"Hey guys" Jacob greeted his three friends as he found them at Serena's locker. "Hey" they all said in unison. "I got to get to class" Serena said as she closed her locker and started walking away "Hey wait up" she heard Jacob yell after her. "What's up?" She said not looking at him. "I thought we were riding to school together?" He asked her in confusion "Were we? Because when I called to find out if we were or not you said you were busy." She said not giving an emotion in her voice. She then paused her walking and turned to him and continued "Actually you said and I quote "I'm working on the truck for Bella for when she gets here, I'll call you back later." And two months later I never heard from you again." She finished just as the bell rang signaling them that class was started. "Look I got get to class okay?" She said as she walked away from him leaving him standing there alone in the hallway.