Chapter Forty

A/N: Hello my fellow readers! I just want to say I'm on vacation right now and although I'm keeping up with my posting schedule, I just want to say this may be my last Sunday for this month that I post for this book until I come back from vacation, I'm hoping that's not true but if it is I will have start back in April. Anyways!! Thank you so much for keeping up with my updates for the book I really appreciate it!!!

The drive from Emily's to their diner was a quiet one as well. Neither sister spoke up about what had occurred, neither knowing how to bring it up either but it was like neither of them needed to say anything because they both knew that they felt the same way when it came to Bella so they decided to talk about something else.

"Did you guys finish the menu?" Serena asked her younger sister before getting out of the truck.

"We did actually." Lena answered her sister. "After changing it a few times we finally agreed on something."

Serena chuckled under her breath at her sister's words as they both stood in front of the diner. "Are you ready to see the inside?" She asked her.

"Not really." Lena asked honestly before asking her sister the same question. "Are you?"

"Not really." Serena telling her the same thing as she opened the diner for the first time since it's been renovated.

As they both walked inside, they immediately looked around to see the changes and at first they were unsure how to feel. The diner they grew up in changed but so are they so they were happy with the outcome of the diner.

"This is different." Both sisters said at the same time as they both looked at each other and laughed about it.

"This is gonna be great." Serena told her.

"Yeah." Lena agreed.

"Come on, let's get the tables and everything else ready." She told her sister as they went to there separate sides of the diner and started setting everything up.

However, both sisters stopped what they were doing when they both heard the jingle of the bell attached to the door indicating that someone entered. Serena was the first one to respond. "Sorry we're closed." She said as she turned around only to find no one there. "Hey Lena I thought I locked the door behind me." She asked her sister as she walked towards the door.

"You did." She told her as she walked towards the door too as she watched her sister inspect the lock that now seemed broken. "Looks broken."

"It is but I—" before she could continue she was interrupted by a noise coming from the back door. "Stay behind me." She told her as Lena grabbed her hand.

"Maybe we should call Paul." Lena told her as she was holding onto her sisters hand scared.

"He should already be on his way here since he got back to Emily's." Serena told her as she started to move forward towards the back. As soon as they made it through the kitchen door, she immediately grabbed a knife that was lying on the counter. They walked towards the back door and as soon as they were close enough it started to move, someone was coming in. Whoever it was on the other side of the door wasn't ready to hear two girly screams or the knife that was held in her hand as the culprit held her wrist.

"Geez." He said. "You were really ready to poke an eye out." They continued as they held onto her wrist.

Serena finally dropped the knife on the ground once she saw it was none other than Paul himself. "You scared the crap out of us." She told him as he finally let go of her resulting in her hitting his chest.

"What's got you two so spooked?" He questioned the sisters.

"We heard noises." Lena answered him.

"The door chimed." Serena continued but stopped when she saw the dark expression on Pauls face. "What? What is it?" She asked him.