Chapter Twenty Eight

A/N: Hello my fellow readers, I am sorry for posting late but I am part of a book club and had my first book club meeting yesterday. Has anyone read "Love and Other Words" by Christina Lauren? It was an insane read. I would also like to point out that after this chapter I will be writing more SPICIER(SMUT) content between Paul and Serena. And again thank you so much for reading and following along. Anyways here is the new chapter below!

She watched as Paul and Jared began to play around before one jumped in and then Embry followed by Sam. Meanwhile from the other side of the cliff on the road, Jacob and Bella were watching from afar, getting an idea that would scare more than just one.

They all swam back to shore once everyone jumped in. Paul swam close to Serena who was having he time of her life in it. Something about the ocean she was always drawn to. She was calm and at peace, she didn't hear the voices, for once they were quiet. Once she got to shore, her clothes were soaking wet and she was shivering from the cold.

"That was totally cool." She yelled in excitement. "It was such an adrenaline rush." She continued as she kept hugging herself.

"Come on, I have dry clothes in my truck." He told her but not before turning around to the others telling them that they would see each other later.

"You're not taking me home?" She questioned him.

"No, we have one more stop." He told her.

"More than this?" She asked after she gestured back to the ocean.

"Yeah more than this." He answered back as they reached his truck. Where he pulled out a bag of dry clothes for her. "Here, change into this."

"Here?" She questioned him as she looked around them.

"I'll cover you with a towel and I swear I won't look." He promised her as he held up a towel to cover her as he closed his eyes. He smirked when he heard her sigh and start to take off her wet clothes.

"You can wipe that smirk off your face." She told him with a smile of her own. After she was done changing she stood in front of him while he was still closing his eyes. She watched him as he waited for her, she was admiring him. The way his lashed curved naturally, his smile lines, his smirk, his lips. Her hand began to reach forwards him, to touch his face once more. It was like she was in a trance, the cold long forgotten, she was just about there when the towel was dropped her hand was snatched by his before it touched his face.

His eyes opened as he grabbed her hand, staring into her eyes. It was like she was drawing him in. I guess in a way they both were, drawing each other in.

"We should go before it gets any later." Paul whispered to her as she continued to stare at him.

"Right." She whispered back not taking her eyes off him.

It took a minute or two before they looked away and he let go of her so she could get inside the truck. He closed her door and walked around to the driver side as he tried to steady his rapid heart beat. It was like she was looking deep within his soul, the way she looked at him. Like she wanted to cross the line between them. Once he got in, he took the chance and reached over and held her hand. She looked at him only to notice that he was already looking at her. She gave him a genuine warm smile, saying it was okay to hold it. He felt her grip his hand in reassurance as he continued to drive them to their next destination.

They were in comfortable silence until Serena broke it when she noticed where Paul was taking her.

"Our next stop is my diner." She stated as she looked at him bewildered. "Seriously?"

"Just wait." He told her as he parked the truck and got out before she could question him any further. Once he opened the door for her, she was about to start asking him questions but stopped herself when she noticed the look he was giving her. He held her hand and she held onto his, both of them finding comfort in each other again as they made their way to the back door of the diner.