Chapter Three

"Why are you doing this?" Serena asked with her hands clenched to the sides of her and her head low. She couldn't bare looking in his eyes.

"Because I can Serena." He said coldly. He hated it. He hated hurting her but by leaving her, by staying away, he was protecting her.

She was shocked when he said her name so cold with no emotion. "You promised...you promised to always be there for me." She said in a whisper. "You promised to always be by my side. What am I supposed to tell Lena, she loves you just as much as I do." She finished as she finally looked at him with tears running down her face.

That's when he saw it, the hurt in her eyes. He wanted nothing more than to comfort her and to wipe away those tears he caused. "I did it again huh?" He told her "I always seem to make you cry." He wanted to reach for her. "But this will be the last time I make you cry, Rena." He said as he walked away from her but before he was out of her reach. She took a hold of his wrist.

"I won't forgive you" she said with a tremble in her voice "If you walk away, I won't forgive you" she said with more conviction

"That's fine, I don't care anymore" he told her as he yanked his hand away from hers. She watched as he got further and further away from her as she whispered "I will always love you, Paul" not knowing her words were heard as he walked further away and as he walked away he too had tears of his own in his eyes.

She awoke with a jolt.

Why did I dream of that...She thought as she brought her hand to wipe away her tears she cried in her sleep

She sighed heavily, as she got out of bed to get ready for school. She then made her way downstairs to find her mom and sister ready to call her for breakfast. They were surprised when she made her way down without them shouting for her to hurry up. They watched her as she sat down beginning to eat.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked in confusion. Why were they just staring at her, watching as she ate. "Why are you both just staring at me?"

Her mother responded "Nothing... just... are you feeling okay? Do you want to take another day off?" She asked carefully not knowing how to ask her if there was going to be a repeat of the day before.

"Yeah, cause' I don't feel like ditching today." Her little sister interrupted

She looked at her sister with an annoyed expression and then looked at her mother and sighed again "No, there will be no ditching today okay" she finished as her mother gave her a pointed look. "I swear!" She yelled "Mom I swear, no ditching okay...I promise" her mother didn't believe her but she was going to take her answer anyways.

"Come on Lena let's go" she told her sister as they finished their breakfast. They both then headed to the car to go to school for the day. As she was dropping off Lena for school first, right before she got out, Lena stayed a bit and turned to her sister with a. Serious expression "Hey, Serena, you are okay right? You really are going to school?" She was surprised her sister looked so serious.

"Yeah Lena, I'm okay" she said as she looked at her younger sister who was worried about her. She then help up her pinky finger "I promise" she waited for her sister to hook her pinky finger with hers and continued "and I'm going to school, totally not ditching" she laughed a little. Lena chuckled as she let go of her sisters pinky finger and got out of the car. She then headed to her own school.

As she got out of her car, Quil and Embry both ran up to her and asked if she was okay and why she ditched and why she didn't tell them. "Yeah, hey guys, sorry, it just sort of happened" she chuckled as she rubbed the back of her head "Lena and I just wanted to spend alone time together, you know, sister bonding" she said as she walked away from them.